Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooked giblet bag anyone

Options
  • 25-12-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭

Just finished eating the xmas feast and found the giblet bag sticking out the rear end of the turkey... The bit sticking out was slightly melted but the rest was intack, turkey tasted great..... Are we all going to die??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Yes.
    In 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

How much do you want for it and where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Only fools and horses, is that you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tempting and all but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Swap my ads?
    Can collect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I did this one year everyone concerned is still alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Turkey really tastes shyte anyway, in all fairness, so how much worse could it make it?

"I just discovered I cooked the turkey with the package of giblets still inside the cavity. Are the turkey and giblets safe to eat?"

A. If giblets were left in the cavity during roasting, even though this is not recommended, the turkey and giblets are probably safe to use. However, if the packaging containing the giblets has changed shape or melted in any way during cooking, do not use the giblets or the turkey because harmful chemicals from the packaging may have penetrated the surrounding meat.

Ahem, my other half cooked ours last night and the daft git left them in too, luckily we discovered them before the bleedin' bag melted.
    Ive had battered his arse otherwise.

Diners over and we are all grand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stheno wrote: »
    I did this one year everyone concerned is still alive

But now walks with a limp..

Amirite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

Jake1 wrote: »
    "I just discovered I cooked the turkey with the package of giblets still inside the cavity. Are the turkey and giblets safe to eat?"

A. If giblets were left in the cavity during roasting, even though this is not recommended, the turkey and giblets are probably safe to use. However, if the packaging containing the giblets has changed shape or melted in any way during cooking, do not use the giblets or the turkey because harmful chemicals from the packaging may have penetrated the surrounding meat.

Ahem, my other half cooked ours last night and the daft git left them in too, luckily we discovered them before the bleedin' bag melted.
    Ive had battered his arse otherwise.

Diners over and we are all grand. :pac:

Nice. Battered arse for xmas dinner!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Larianne wrote: »
    But now walks with a limp..

Amirite?

No but they do act lobotimised I am unaffected as I did not eat the creature

Advertisement