Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's resolutions?

Options
  • 25-12-2014 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Has anyone decided on theirs yet? I've decided to make it my resolution to be extra healthy by eating a rainbow at every meal. I'm going to make a rainbow out of different coloured fruit for breakfast, and a rainbow of different coloured veg with lunch and dinner. It's not easy though, I can't find any blue vegetables and I can only find nasty purple ones.

Any of you decided on your resolutions yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That sounds good. I'll have some rainbow cake please. and skittles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

At a crossroads now in life. Working for someone else in a reasonably well paying job but don't want to be someone else's man anymore.
    Going to change that in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I'm going to eat lots better and lose 10lbs.

More than likely I will instead eat lots of butter and gain 20lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Gonna give up making resolutions

ahahahahahaaaa I'm highlarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Be a better Catholic. I have been to mass like twice in 5 years and yesterday I was clueless in it. Even with the priest telling us when to stand and sit, I couldnt follow it. But mass was nice. The priest welcomed everyone that hadnt been in mass in years. It was such a Dublin mass. Which is the priest saying what he thinks is right or what the pope agrees with. He said he doesnt bother listening to bishop as in his own words "they like to do and say their own things, and not that of the church".

But it was amazing to hear him welcome everyone from gay people, transgender people and even former prisoners. Even through Im not that religious. Ill try and make a effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Play those games I've picked up in the steam sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Drink even more than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Spend more time with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'm going to take up smoking, eat more fast-food, reduce exercise, and put on some weight - particularly around the belly area.

It won't be easy, but this year I'm determined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Get back on a fitness buzz again and eat far healthier. 2014 has been tame on that front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    1080p

Last year mate. 4k this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Get healthy: lose weight, cut back drinking, stop smoking.

Same resolution I've had for the last 5 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Win the Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Mine is to book a ticket to move to Australia for a working holiday visa. Social life has stagnated at home, same few people telling the same stories all the time. Don't like my job at all. Hopefully I just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

No major life changes for 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

No respect intended to anyone, but am I the only one who finds New Year's resolutions to be childish? If you want to do something, just do it. Don't wait for the new year to do it.

I've heard more New Year's resolutions than I can remember, but I can't think of any actual examples of anyone I know FOLLOWING through on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

UCDVet wrote: »
    No respect intended to anyone, but am I the only one who finds New Year's resolutions to be childish? If you want to do something, just do it. Don't wait for the new year to do it.

I used to have the same attitude but IMO it's a nice time of year to take stock and set some goals. I think the important thing to do is set a goal you're actualky interested in achieving and I also think you're better off trying to take up rather than give up things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

To spend next xmas with anyone other than my family.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Cathy.C wrote: »
    I'm going to eat lots better and lose 10lbs.

More than likely I will instead eat lots of butter and gain 20lbs.

The reason you're overweight is probably because you think that butter makes you fat. It doesn't. Wheat and sugar are much more to blame, so give up the bread, pasta, biscuits etc and eat more fats. Or just go on a low fat diet and watch the pounds pile on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ok for the thirtieth year in a row, I going to try and loose some belly fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I'm going to try and add some arse fat. I haven't enough fat down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Last year mate. 4k this year.

4K is utter baloney, there is only so much info the human eye can take in before it becomes utterly pointless. And we are pretty much at that point. But slaves to technology are brainwashed by marketing gurus, into needing something they don't really need.

I had an aunt tell me earlier I shouldn't be losing any more weight.

My New Years resolution is to be told I'm looking a bit gaunt at some point in 2015 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Three years after major brain surgery and having gone from 7 stone up to 10 stone since, my goal for this day next year is to be 2 stone or more lighter. Not sure if its the medication that I started after the surgery, bad eating habits or the fact that I dont get as much exercise as I should, probably a combination of all three. So this day next year I intend to be sitting here in my size 12 dress.(not too much to ask) So I am going to give it my best shot. Anyone else set themselves any targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

lulu1 wrote: »
    Three years after major brain surgery and having gone from 7 stone up to 10 stone since, my goal for this day next year is to be 2 stone or more lighter. Not sure if its the medication that I started after the surgery, bad eating habits or the fact that I dont get as much exercise as I should, probably a combination of all three. So this day next year I intend to be sitting here in my size 12 dress.(not too much to ask) So I am going to give it my best shot. Anyone else set themselves any targets.

No fair!! How can anyone answer and compete with somebody who overcame major brain surgery!?

My goals sound selfish. I'm going to try to give less to charity, help my family less, work less, make more time for myself and save more money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

no idea, have to wait till 2014 is over first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

My goal for 2015 is to complete my goals for 2010. I'll work on 2011 goals next year, or the year after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Advertisement