Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petrol station today

Options
  • 25-12-2014 11:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Any open between lucan and dundrum???

I know, I know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Pretty sure Tesco Dundrum will be, Merry Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

So urgent it warrants 2 threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

nc19 wrote: »
    Any open between lucan and dundrum???

I know, I know!

You know, you know you posted two threads, two threads? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The nearest petrol station to a church will always be open for an hour after Mass, unless the owners are idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Maybe Esso Maynooth if you don't mind a detour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Applegreen Crumlin Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

The Texaco on the N4 near Lucan, across the road from Woodies might be open. Maxol in Maynooth, just up the road from Esso, could be open too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Fecking Dublin and its 24 hour consumerism. Filling the car before Christmas at the local filling station and having a nice chat with everyone there is a ritual here in the countryside. Ye Dubs are missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The texaco in lucan will definitely be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

lord lucan wrote: »
    The texaco in lucan will definitely be open.

Sure is, I was there earlier. The ladies who work there are lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Esso on the grange road is open now

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

BMJD wrote: »
    Sure is, I was there earlier. The ladies who work there are lovely :)

Of course they are,they're on triple time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

kneemos wrote: »
    Of course they are,they're on triple time.

I'm on triple time too but I'm a word that rhymes with punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

It's the petrol stations of yesteryear that I'd be interested in. Damn rowdy petrol stations of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

If all you need is petrol, Maxol in Maynooth has pay-at-pump service where you can pay by card so you dont need the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fecking Dublin and its 24 hour consumerism. Filling the car before Christmas at the local filling station and having a nice chat with everyone there is a ritual here in the countryside

Before leaving the petrol stations and bitching about them for an hour!

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Before leaving the petrol stations and bitching about them for an hour!

Too busy getting langers to bitch about anyone, not to mind for a full hours

Happy crimble

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bit late but the Esso on the big Naas Road and Long Mile Road junction is always open on christmas.
    http://goo.gl/maps/Cr3BI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Too busy getting langers to bitch about anyone
    Fecking Dublin and its 24 hour consumerism

Bitch much? ;)

It's not about 24 hour consumerism in a lot of cases, there's lots of people, Irish and non Irish that have to work, security, fire, ambulance emergency, care workers, medical professionals, volunteers, warders, front line, the chefs and food staff in hospitals etc... A lot of these people need to avail of services out of hours. There's also lots of people that simply don't celebrate xmas, and another swath of folk all over the country in difficult circumstances that either can't or won't.

My local petrol station was manned by non-nationals that wouldn't be celebrating xmas or getting langers! But, good atmosphere, everyone happy and wishing each other a merry new year :D.

Have a good one, remember, there's a lot happening around the country that you don't see in your world.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Bitch much? ;)

It's not about 24 hour consumerism in a lot of cases, there's lots of people, Irish and non Irish that have to work, security, fire, ambulance emergency, care workers, medical professionals, volunteers, warders, front line, the chefs and food staff in hospitals etc... A lot of these people need to avail of services out of hours. There's also lots of people that simply don't celebrate xmas, and another swath of folk all over the country in difficult circumstances that either can't or won't.

My local petrol station was manned by non-nationals that wouldn't be celebrating xmas or getting langers! But, good atmosphere, everyone happy and wishing each other a merry new year :D.

Have a good one, remember, there's a lot happening around the country that you don't see in your world.

Those people should bring a sandwich so the lads in the shop can get langers. But the people who don't celebrate Christmas are the worst sort, particularly the ones that make a point about not celebrating Christmas.

We really need to nip that kind of sh1te in the bud before those people start actually getting offended by the fact that Christmas happens and it goes all boring and 'Happy Holidays' and just another day with lots of traffic and stressed people over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Those people should bring a sandwich so the lads in the shop can get langers. But the people who don't celebrate Christmas are the worst sort, particularly the ones that make a point about not celebrating Christmas.

We really need to nip that kind of sh1te in the bud before those people start actually getting offended by the fact that Christmas happens and it goes all boring and 'Happy Holidays' and just another day with lots of traffic and stressed people over here

Everybody just needs to live and let live dude. You do your thing, they do theirs, and we're all happy!

Advertisement