Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How nosey is your workplace?

Options
  • 24-12-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

Facebook has a lot to answer for. I joined recently and was asked by 3 workmates who normally only nod at me when I pass to join up. I ignored the requests, and rightfully so. Maybe other people have a different work culture but where I am, its commonplace to "find out" who is going out with who, is so and so single, where does John live? She doesnt drink much etc etc, very nosy (in my view anyway) people who spend a lot of time gossiping about others around them and if you dont give them all your life i.e Hi Im Mary I am married with 3 kids and I love drinking and romcoms", they start to speculate..

How nosy are your workmates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

None of your business :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It's like Zlatan Ibrahimovic nosey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Where do you work? Is the pay good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Johnny Tightlips said to suck on a lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Johnny Tightlips said to suck on a lemon.

Johnny Tightlips aint saying nothin'!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Incredibly nosey!!

I work from home and so does my wife!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hi Im Mary I am married with 3 kids and I love drinking and romcoms",

Mary would want to cut back on the drinking before someone makes a phonecall for a welfare inspector to call around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I listen to Pink Floyd through my headphones all day everyday whilst working.
    Load enough to drown out aul ones moaning at me while I smile and nod at them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

we dont really do the whole "talking" thing. Havent a notion what they're up to at the weekend, and often I dont even know if they're due in or if they have the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Oink wrote: »
    we dont really do the whole "talking" thing. Havent a notion what they're up to at the weekend, and often I dont even know if they're due in or if they have the day off.

you're self-employed, right? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭e.r

Johnny Tightlips aint saying nothin'!

Hey Johnny hows yer mother...

Who said i had a mother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

When I joined the company I now work for..my manager indicated that he expected to be invited over ti the house some time...ya right...he'll be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

My hubby and I have the same sense of humour. Many occassions, I was joking with him on the phone and the guy beside me would be laughing. In fairness, he was very close but he should have at least pretended he could hear nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

FB is for real people you want to keep in touch with, not passers by who nod and wink. Feck 'em, you only share your life with trusted friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Screw the lot of them. They are only being nosey feckers.

I go to work to make money, not friends.

Advertisement