Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback thread to for the 2015 Fantasy Sports Arena feedback thread

Options
  • 24-12-2014 9:14am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Yea, a bit convoluted for a thread title but a feedback thread was suggested and agreed on for 2015. To ensure it's somewhat on track I'd simply ask for what starting date(s) people want it to run from and if there are any specific topics that should be included from the start.

Everything is on the table in theory but there are certain things which are not forum related but rather boards.ie policy which simply will not change; for example if it was requested to let people below 50 posts to post links that's a no go due to boards.ie policy. On the other hand if you want to discuss changes to the charter, how / what's being modded etc. that's all in scope as long as it's actual feedback. This means "The mods suxor" is not allowed while "I think the mods should be harder on X being dealt with, see for example post a, b and c" is exactly what's wanted.

Please note that because something is brought up in feedback it does not mean things will automatically change; everything will be considered and summarized however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

After the issues earlier in the year, I don't think there's much mileage in looking at modding or poster behaviour -- everybody seems to be getting on swimmingly.

Forum structure (e.g. sub forums to tidy things up - I have a couple of ideas) and whether we should make it FPL only are issues. I'd say two weeks would do it, maybe starting Jan 8-ish to get over the New Year rush first.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nody wrote: »
    Yea, a bit convoluted for a thread title but a feedback thread was suggested and agreed on for 2015. To ensure it's somewhat on track I'd simply ask for what starting date(s) people want it to run from and if there are any specific topics that should be included from the start.

Everything is on the table in theory but there are certain things which are not forum related but rather boards.ie policy which simply will not change; for example if it was requested to let people below 50 posts to post links that's a no go due to boards.ie policy. On the other hand if you want to discuss changes to the charter, how / what's being modded etc. that's all in scope as long as it's actual feedback. This means "The mods suxor" is not allowed while "I think the mods should be harder on X being dealt with, see for example post a, b and c" is exactly what's wanted.

Please note that because something is brought up in feedback it does not mean things will automatically change; everything will be considered and summarized however.
    As soon as possible I suppose. There isn't going to be very much IMO, as the general posting and moderation here is top notch so I'd expect it to be a small number of small issues rather than a large number of large ones.

Thanks for the quick action in getting this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

After gw20 (new years day) there's no EPL then for almost two weeks.

No need for any great changes either. Its a great forum and well run, more a case of fine tuning really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I hardly use any other FPL forums any more I find this by far the best place to go and right now its just about active enough without being too active. I personally like the structure right now and its one of the reason I am here more than somewhere like FFS the format there does my head in I just don't think it is suitable for a place that busy.

I think that no matter how many stickies and FAQs are added if people can't be bothered to look at the rules to find the answers to their questions they are just as unlikely to check a sticky thread to see if it is there. Maybe a newbies/beginners questions thread so that they can hopefully kept out of the main forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    After gw20 (new years day) there's no EPL then for almost two weeks.

No need for any great changes either. Its a great forum and well run, more a case of fine tuning really

Agree this is when to do it. A quiet time but most regular posters will be checking in.

No major changes needed, I'm thinking about what threads we need and maybe making it clearer what goes where so we can tidy up the number of threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This is a grand idea in theory but to be honest I can't think of a single thing I would change about the forum, I am only ever following 7 or 8 active threads at a time, I don't think that's too much. I am delighted that the LOL'ing has been stamped out at the root, we have a more civilised "sophisticated:P" style of banter and long may it last.
    Being honest we will never stamp out the ridiculous question thread starters, quick tidy up from the mods and a bit of verbal from CSF to the offender is all that's required.
    I would have gone with a new thread for the FPL cup seeing as it is for everybody (except 8-10:pac:) but as always:p I respect the mods decision.
    I'll wish ye a merry Christmas later on.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The only issue I have with this forum is that I can't log on after a bad GW. Apart from that it's excellent.

Start the feedback whenever and ignore most of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My suggestions would be:

1) Tidy up the amount of threads, forum structure as has been said. Also, sometimes it's difficult to know the best place to post something and there's sometimes seperate discussions on the same topic ongoing on numerous threads.

2) Introduce set times before certain gameweek threads can be created, for example the 'Gameweek X Transfers' thread. It gets created just after the first game starts each gameweek and while I usually contribute early to it, my plans have generally changed, often dramatically, by close of play in the evening. There'd be no harm in having us wait until the evening to begin the following gameweeks transfer discussions.

3) Ban the "oh no I've made a terrible mistake transferring in Player A instead of Player B" type posts after Player A does something in a game while Player B has yet to even play. I've been guilty of it myself but it's the type of moany/whingy post that is very annoying IMO and adds nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Have a sticky thread for stuff that gets asked a lot

Could call it "Fantasy Premier League FAQ, Terminology, and Useful Links", or some such...

Would be particularly useful to FPL & forum noobs to get them accustomed to all the ins-and-outs.

Otherwise the forum runs really well i.m.o.

One other possibility I might suggest is having a sub-forum for non-FPL (or non-soccer, as such) fantasy sports games. The forum is pretty dominated by FPL, it might be an idea to have other fantasy sports in their own space... Though I'd be interested to here others' thoughts on this

Merry Christmas! And thanks 2all helping make the forum what it is

Advertisement