Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High and Lowlights of your season thus far

Options
  • 23-12-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Stealing this hot topic from FFS since I found it interesting

FPL round up of the year...

Best moment: Siggy and Sterling out for Hazard(c) and Downing for a hit in GW10. That shot me up the rankings and I've kicked on from there.

Worst moment: Captaining Sterling for his 30 minute cameo against Villa with Costa hatty my vice captain

Best player: Aguero. I was determined to get him in GW6 and wildcarded mostly for him. That also got me double Saints fullbacks which were a dream. I didn't captain him for Spurs but got the big hauls against QPR and Sunderland

Worst player: Krul. Had him at the beginning and he did very little for me. Wildcard him out for Mannone in GW6 and then he goes on a run of cleanies and Mannone gets dropped.

Surprise PL team: West Ham. Couldn't have predicted they be top 4 at Christmas and look so good.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

Stealing this hot topic from FFS since I found it interesting

FPL round up of the year...

Best moment: Siggy and Sterling out for Hazard(c) and Downing for a hit in GW10. That shot me up the rankings and I've kicked on from there.

Worst moment: Captaining Sterling for his 30 minute cameo against Villa with Costa hatty my vice captain

Best player: Aguero. I was determined to get him in GW6 and wildcarded mostly for him. That also got me double Saints fullbacks which were a dream. I didn't captain him for Spurs but got the big hauls against QPR and Sunderland

Worst player: Krul. Had him at the beginning and he did very little for me. Wildcard him out for Mannone in GW6 and then he goes on a run of cleanies and Mannone gets dropped.

Surprise PL team: West Ham. Couldn't have predicted they be top 4 at Christmas and look so good.

Best moment: the week aguero scored 4 was my first week owning him and had him captained. It was also the week Southampton scored 8 and tadic got over 24 points or something crazy, had him in my team as well as dummett who got 2bs and a cleanie. Ended up getting 98 pts for the gw.

Worst Moment: used my wildcard waaay too early and got Costa out of my team just before he went on a 2/3 weeks of great form. I suffered greatly for that and have been mentally scared since being stung by him, have him in my team now and am too scared to remove him even if he is looking off the pace.

Best Player: definitely aguero, my climb up the leaderboard was due to him being captained every week and it worked spectacularly, hope he's back soon . honourable mentions to siggy (bar the last 3 weeks) and Sanchez although iv removed siggy since last week.

Worst Player: Ulloa- got him in after the game they beat man utd and he looked like a real good option as a cheapie forward. I got the picture 4 weeks later after a succession of 2's and he eventually even lost his place on the Leicester team.

Surprise Pl team: I'm gonna go against the grain here and say Everton, for being so bad after last season. Martinez clearly can't or refuses to coach he's team defensive plays, they have a shocking clean sheet record and in general look a shadow of the team they were last season. Lukaku looks like a left footed version of Emile heskey after a hard night on the beer in most games, James McCarthy (the player they miss most IMO) constanly injured, and as I said defense shocking.

Low point: THAT gameweek (you know the one)

High point: Charlie Austin hat trick. None of my rivals had him captained, mostly RVP or Rooney or Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Highs: Winning cash mini league...first win of note.

Lows: Team full of players I don't need or want as had to take a defensive stance last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

High point getting in sanchez and Hazard before the masses.
    Low point gw 3 and 4 selling costa and seeing my good start turn into a 5 week disaster
    Best player the cheap defenders too many the mention but heroes the lot of theM
    Worst player rvp captain gw 3 1 pt and gw 4 2 pts while costa ran amok for everyone else
    Best team swansea I tipped them to be relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Best Moment: Aguero's 4 goals coupled with my prediction that Coloccini would score and then he did

Worst Moment: Bringing in RVP and Nolan in GW 7 and captaining RVP. Additionally not learning my lesson and bringing in RVP this past week and captaining him

Best Player: Pelle. Got him in before he took off

Worst Player: Tadic. The easy answer is Nolan but Tadic wins out, really didn't think it was a knee-jerk after that haul but looks like it was.

The Mickey Turner Cult Player of Excellence Award: Charlie Austin. Scored me 0 points for GW1 and GW2 but has come back in a blaze of glory, despite not captaining him this week. Super Georgie Boyd a close 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Highpoint UFPL performance
    Lowpoint FPL performance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

High Point: GW ranking of 17 twice in UFPL.
    Low point: First 7 weeks of FPL were horrendous.
    Best player: Super Georgie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Borrowing Mr.P's format.

Best Moment: Captaining Aguero in GW8 when he scored 4 against Spurs. My brother texted me saying "If he'd scored the other penalty you'd have got 50 points from one player!"

Worst Moment: Telling everyone I know to be sure to have Siggy in their team before the season started, then decided on Lamela instead of him for my own team. I still torture myself my adding on that 10 point difference from GW1 when looking at overall rankings and thinking what might have been.

Best Player: Wisdom. A bench filler I've had since GW1 and only used when necessary, 6 clean sheets, 6 bonus points, an assist and got him for the low price of £4.0. I've had players that got me more points but none have shown more value for money.

Worst Player: Krul. Refused to carry out goalkeeping duties until I got rid of him, then promptly started keeping clean sheets.

The Mickey Turner Cult Player of Excellence Award: Tom Heaton. Standing between the sticks for Burnley isn't an easy job but Heaton's penalty save and subsequent 3 bonus points in GW16 coupled with regular returns of over 2 points for a bargain price make him a hero of mine. Currently joint highest scoring GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Best moment: Made it in to the top 20K for my first time ever since i began playing 5 years ago this week! :) (don't know what that says about me as a regular player though:pac:)

I'm not giving a worst moment... it's Christmas eve and i want to gloat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Captaining Charlie Austin last weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Best moment: Finally breaking into the top 10k this week :D
    Worst moment: Bringing chambers in for a hit the week he got sent off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Highs: The entire season

Lows: I havent had a real one yet, though I'm sure it's coming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Best Moment: Charlie Austin (c)

Worst Moment: Plenty but getting rid of Andre Wisdom was a mistake. Rock Solid £4m player and I got rid of him for Dawson? Idiotic tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Best Player : Has to be Super Georgie Boyd, although i missed out on his first goal return, I benefited from his second barrage. Honourable mention to Wisdom, very very solid 4m player.

Worst player: Have to say Costa. His constant bookings and lack of getting any bonus points really grates. A strange choice I know, but he is the one player on my team I really don't like having. Honourable mention to Chambers for getting booked every other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Best moment: Making it into the top 1k for the first time since I started playing 2 and a half years ago.

Worst moment: Can't really think of many. Selling Costa before his 12 point haul and subsequent 17 point haul would probably be the worst moment though.

Best player: Super Georgie - always ready to come off the bench with a goal or assist when one of the starters was rested/injured. Sold him a few weeks ago but will probably get him back in with the wildcard.

Worst player: Tim Krul - For the simple fact I named my team after him and expected great things. I had him from the start and he proceeded to disappoint hugely. I sold him after GW6, and of course he then goes on to get 32 points in the following 6 gameweeks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Simple.

Highlight - Bringing in Chambers and immediately getting me 18 points :)

Lowlight - The recent GW17. A below average score leaves me with lots of red arrows and my once 30pt lead at the top is a mere memory. Now 2nd, trailing by 17pts :(

Best Player - I'm gonna go with Chadli. He was my differential player and scored me some big points at crucial times.

Worst Player - Baines. First time owning Baines and it was fun for the start - 7 and 11pts from the first 2 games. However what followed was really frustrating - 0,1,1,2,1,1. Just after getting rid of him now. Maybe another time I'll get him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Best moment: has to be making Austin captain last week. No one around me in my leagues even had austin, so this prove to be a huge differential.
    Worst moment: possibly GW16. After 4 really good weeks, I was after rising in all my leagues as well as overall. I only got 35 points, 14 below average, and fell in every league I'm in.
    Best player: would have said aguero, but I didn't have him for long enough before his injury. Fab and Sanchez have been exceptional, but I have to go with Austin. He has racked some unbelievable scores for such a cheap price, and has proved to be a massive differential for me. I'd be in a far worse position arm without him tbh.
    Worst player: hard to point out one, but for me it has to be Cahill . Had him in my team for ages and all he got were 2 pointers, got rid of him and Chelsea go a run of clean sheets, and Cahill scores a goal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Best moment: has to be making Austin captain last week. No one around me in my leagues even had austin, so this prove to be a huge differential.
    Worst moment: possibly GW16. After 4 really good weeks, I was after rising in all my leagues as well as overall. I only got 35 points, 14 below average, and fell in every league I'm in.
    Best player: would have said aguero, but I didn't have him for long enough before his injury. Fab and Sanchez have been exceptional, but I have to go with Austin. He has racked some unbelievable scores for such a cheap price, and has proved to be a massive differential for me. I'd be in a far worse position arm without him tbh.
    Worst player: hard to point out one, but for me it has to be Cahill . Had him in my team for ages and all he got were 2 pointers, got rid of him and Chelsea go a run of clean sheets, and Cahill scores a goal etc.

This too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Highs: The entire season

Lows: I havent had a real one yet, though I'm sure it's coming ;)

Jinxed myself

The lowlight has arrived.

Transferred Costa for Giroud - Siggy for Fabregas and captained Giroud.

Yep, that is the lowest point of my entire season by a long long way :(

Advertisement