Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stobart air cabin baggage

Options
  • 23-12-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Stobart Air seem to only have a 7kg cabin baggage allowance

Does anyone know how strict they are and whether heavier a bag or small second bag would be permitted?

It's for the Leeds/ Bradford to Dublin route, by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Tow

I take it you have never flown on an ATR 72?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yorky wrote: »
    Does anyone know how strict they are and whether heavier a bag or small second bag would be permitted?

Unless the flight is damn near empty, no. If the second bag is a WHSmiths magazine bag its a different story though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

They are not at all strict on weight. Size/number of bags could be an issue though as the interior of the plane is tiny. If you can fit everything into one bag that is within the size restrictions I wouldn't lose any sleep if you are over 7kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I've flown with them about 8 or so times this year alone, my standard bag is a little over the allowed size for those flights but under the Ryanair allowance and I always have a laptop bag with me as well. Not once have I been pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

If the bag is too large the gate staff or flight attendant may take it off you and place it in the hold of the aircraft. You can collect it in the baggage hall afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Tow wrote: »
    I take it you have never flown on an ATR 72?
    In a previous incarnation I used to love the extremely rare occasions when EI flew a Bae146 into LHR......oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from those who didn't quite realise the size difference between this and a B737!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I flew into blackpool recently and the plane was SMALL, very Small. However, on the way back, it was even smaller, and the flight was full. We were in row 10 or 12 I think, and we were at the back. The cabin luggage bins were tiny and the hostess wanted to put my bag in the hold. I explained it was a medical device so I squeezed it under the seat.

While I did not mind, my wife found the plane claustrophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

It will be my first time flying with Stobart air in a few weeks time and the only bag I have is the one that fits the standard cabin size (it's actually a little under those requirements too).
    It's a backpack though and is flexible, so could be "squashed" if needed to fit in the overhead bin. Or are they really strict?
    I don't want to be a fool and pay for checking it in either if at worst I am asked to put it in the hold for free at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Mr rebel wrote: »
    It will be my first time flying with Stobart air in a few weeks time and the only bag I have is the one that fits the standard cabin size (it's actually a little under those requirements too).
    It's a backpack though and is flexible, so could be "squashed" if needed to fit in the overhead bin. Or are they really strict?
    I don't want to be a fool and pay for checking it in either if at worst I am asked to put it in the hold for free at the gate.

They're pretty reasonable. They may take it from you and put it in the hold while you're on the tarmac queuing to board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Its down to dimensions, not weight as your "typical 10Kg case" won't fit in the overhead. It needs to be the compact size specified in the website as below.

cabin-bag-7k.png

I would imagine that if someone turned up taking the p!ss with excessively large hand luggage that they wouldn't be let take it on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I find if you are slightly over the limited coming out of Ireland they are fine but from the UK they can be very strict (Edinburgh in particular in my experience). I have seen them both measure and weigh bags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Regular enough on DUB - LBA and I've never seen a bag refused. Colleague brings a bag that even on a regular EI service would be seen as taking the pi55 and at worst she's been asked at the gate to have it stowed in the hold. No biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Thanks guys, I just measured my cabin bag there and it actually even falls under Stobart Air requirements....looks like I need a bigger cabin bag for my Ryanair flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Its down to dimensions, not weight as your "typical 10Kg case" won't fit in the overhead. It needs to be the compact size specified in the website as below.

cabin-bag-7k.png

I would imagine that if someone turned up taking the p!ss with excessively large hand luggage that they wouldn't be let take it on board.

A full size cabin bag fits easily on stobart. The issue is if lots of people have them.

Advertisement