Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Role.......TDAR awards results

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First off, thank you all for voting. More importantly though, thank you for contributing to the forum over the last year. On behalf of all the mods I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year. I hope you all have a great 2015 season. Best of mechanical luck to you all :cool:

So, the results are in:

Poster of the year - Kurt Godel
    Post of the year - tunney here
    Race of the year (AR) - The Beast of Ballyhoura
    Race of the year (Tri) - Kilkee (HoTW)
    Race report of the year - Podge83 here
    Training log of the year - Dory Dory here
    Performance of the year - This was a tie Bambaata in Sicily and Zico in Connemara
    Thread of the year - The Getting to know you series
    Most argumentative - Ceepo
    Nicest Legs - Oryx

Happy Christmas all.

P.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You guys made my Christmas. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Good god, where have I been??? I didn't even know this was going on!! But thanks!!! :) And congrats to all the winners. I'd say I voted for you, but I didn't! :o Heck, I didn't even vote for myself! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Good god, where have I been??? I didn't even know this was going on!! But thanks!!! :) And congrats to all the winners. I'd say I voted for you, but I didn't! :o Heck, I didn't even vote for myself! :confused:

You were off setting PBs :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

these awards are a shambles, a total shambles.

gibbo, as a parent, you understand rewards, or should do. bth, well he's getting a rude awakening soon. shotgun, well he probably works more by the stick, burpees and planks if not done rather than rewarding.

so how on earth, you can reward eddie with performance of the year, before he has as much as produced a race report is beyond me. you've just reinforced the concept that letting it slide will get rewarded. for f*^ks sake it mightn't even have been him, could have been that lad from kilkenny in the race.

shambles lads. shambles.

(now given i never got around to sending in a vote, i'll disappear again. obvious to say though if i had voted it wouldn't have been for that list of slackers above..:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

^^^^ who woke the Grinch up??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »
    ^^^^ who woke the Grinch up??? :D

might not be on on friday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

And why, all of a sudden, does "Bambaata in Sicily" as performance of the year have new meaning to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Ah you guys. Thanks. I have to say I am touched and honoured
    Happy Xmas and a happy new year to all

Ceepo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Very surprised with that result, thanks guys and gals! Its a very good forum to hang out on.

(I will inform TI of the result and presume they will include me in Cat 1 next season...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Sorry Ceepo, could I ask for a recount for most argumentative :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Sorry Ceepo, could I ask for a recount for most argumentative :)

Absolutely. I was going to argue that I didn't deserve it but I taught that might defeat the purpose.
    I would think there are at least 2 that spring to mind that deserve it more that me.

I argue for a recount

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wonder how many alter egos Kurt has...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Causeway

The Beast of Ballyhoura winning an award :) thats a first, maybe it's because it wasn't ranked along side all the MS events that have loads taking part to vote for them :eek:. Thanks for the vote Enduro looks like yours was the clincher.

Causeway wrote: »
    The Beast of Ballyhoura winning an award :) thats a first, maybe it's because it wasn't ranked along side all the MS events that have loads taking part to vote for them :eek:. Thanks for the vote Enduro looks like yours was the clincher.

2015, race of the year, report of the year, performance of the year..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

AKW wrote: »
    2015, race of the year, report of the year, performance of the year..... ;)
    yep a hint at a start location and we can get started on the report already!

yep a hint at a start location and we can get started on the report already!

I'd probably need to start my report already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Wonder how many alter egos Kurt has...

Thats a scurrilous accusation to make RQ! There's no need to cheat to win Poster of the Year over here on Tri forum, in truth it probably only takes a handful of votes.

Different story when I won Poster of the Year over on the Jogging forum, that took a lot of backroom deals and gladhandling. You're up against so many more, a lot more volume, and crowd favourites such as:

1) 5-hour marathon newbies. They don't train, but keep a daily log anyway. Half-way through training some calamitous event always happens to limit their plodding, such as their rabbit dying. Two weeks before Dublin they get jealous of everyone else's attention and post a "Can I do it?" thread on the Main Forum. Everyone says you can but shouldn't but they do it anyway, walking from the Park onwards, while complaining about lack of water. All such stories need a happy ending, so they break into a jog for the final 500m, in a desperate effort to come in before the magical 5:30 barrier, and do so. It was the thoughts of poor Bunny in his final moments that gave them the inspiration to fight through the pain, and to write their 5,000 word race report epic.

2) Attention-seeking club speedsters. Typically, they get dropped during club training runs, but sometimes manage to make fourth scoring member during an obscure 10miler or XC event. However, such is the dearth of talent on Boards A/R forum, by posting they trade that anonyminity for the exhultation of hero-worship. Every top-10 placing, every regional 3rd place medal, every scrapped for podium finish at the race that happened to be scheduled the same day as the NC's; is greeted with delighted applause from their worshipping Boardsie audience. Their log is full of questions from admirers wanting to know their secret formula to success, so every purchase of the latest Garmin, or lightest racing flat, or split-side shorts; is answered with knowing authority.

3) Populist moderators. Everyone says its a tough job, when in reality all you have to do is count the amount of thanks under different posts, and steer the direction of the forum towards the majority. Anything of interest should be locked or diluted in case it attracts the attention of Usain Bolts lawyers (who read the forum daily), and no Medical Advice should be given, lest joggers start taking anabolic steroids for athletes foot. The ability to ban those they don't like, usually ensures a voting pool of sycophants. Extra votes can be gaining by fostering a kinship with most posters- "you never know a man until you walk a step in his shoes"- so buy every pair of shoes on the market. Really this Award is theirs to lose ;)

Advertisement