Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unlikely places for good winter sports

Options
  • 23-12-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I mentioned New Mexico in another thread and it brought to mind the fact that the desert with 320 days of sun a year as an unlikely place to ski.

However Northern New Mexico has some great resorts, the world class Taos, as well as Red River, Angel Fire, Sante Fe and others.

Where is your unlikely place to ski/ride? I hear Lebanon and Libya have some good resorts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

You can ski Mount Vesuvias! suerra Nevada outside Malaga! Skiing whil looking over the Med and the rock of girbralter! Skiing in Isreal too overlooking the desert

Iran and turkey have somengood skiing and romania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I really enjoyed Scotland last year.

Day pass, ski hire and a 2 hour lesson for £55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

afatbollix wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Scotland last year.

Day pass, ski hire and a 2 hour lesson for £55.

Was in Ben Nevis ski resort last easter, spring snow but the whole experience was great. Fantastic scenery throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I'm told Iran has separate slopes for men and women.

There was also talk of a ski lift somewhere on Crete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

a148pro wrote: »
    I'm told Iran has separate slopes for men and women.

There was also talk of a ski lift somewhere on Crete.

There's a ski resort on Cyprus for sure. Saw a programme a few years back about skiing in Morocco. Think it was more ski mountaineering than a ski resort mind.

To be fair, if it snows here anytime soon, there will be plenty of winter sports in Ireland!

• Advertisement
Advertisement