Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on How to fix up bad audio room reverb & low volume etc for doc trailer?

Options
  • 23-12-2014 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've an almost impossible job to do on a documentary trailer I'm editing at the moment in terms of the talking heads/voice overs.

Basically somewhere along the way the original Zoom & AT recordings of the audio for almost all of the interviews disappeared and I was left with only what the mic on the camcorders picked up in what were already very reverby environments...you can hear from the results below that the audio is pretty awful and although I've tried cleaning it up in both Reaper and Adobe Audition it still ended up sounding pretty bad (instead of the muddy and reverby combination the mic originally caught, the fixed up version just sounds boomy and reverby.)

I've attached a link to some samples of the original recordings and can attach a link to the ones I treated with Reaper and Audition.

Are these rescuable at all?

Normally with audio this compromised I'd just organise a bit of ADR but it's not an option on this as this was a documentary.

Anyway i'd appreciate any and all tips advice and pointers on this as nothing I've done so far seems to be working.
    Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/modestmagnet/...ilwav1/s-LLzYI

Comments

Advertisement