Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary leaving employment advice

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello I am wondering if I have to leave employment to care for a family member Is this considered good cause to be exempt from the 9week wait for sw payment. Carers leave is not an option as I need to give my employer 7weeks notice which is not an option in my case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,731 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you leave a job because you have to care for a family member, then the SW that you may be eligibile for is the Carer's Allowance, and I don't think there's a stand-down for that.

The 9-week standdown only applies for Job-seeker's benefit/allowance, and if you're caregiving you aren't available for work so aren't eligible for that.

Probably best if you contact Welfare directly, and ask about the options and rules, ie what you have to do to be eligible for Carer's allowance.

Advertisement