Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbreakable "The Mark Pollack Story"

Options
  • 22-12-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭

Amazing man, to do what he did while blind, but to continue while paralysed unreal.

One question, who pays for all the adventure races, is he a Bruce Wayne type character or is he being sponsored as a way of highlighting disabilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing man, to do what he did while blind, but to continue while paralysed unreal.

One question, who pays for all the adventure races is he a Bruce Wayne type character or is he being sponsored as a way of highlighting disabilities?

Motivational speaking tours make him money and sponsorships

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What's with the throwing out names lately without bothering to give an idea of who the hell it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

He's an amazing man and so is his fiancée. If that show doesn't get us all up of our lazy arses and out living life then I don't know what will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

kneemos wrote: »
    What's with the throwing out names lately without bothering to give an idea of who the hell it is?

I also hadn't a clue who the OP was talking about. I suspect showing a bit of courtesy would kill some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

heldel00 wrote: »
    He's an amazing man and so is his fiancée.
    Two great men!

• Advertisement

Two great men!

???

Get ya now.
    Edit -he is amazing and so is his fiancée.
    (I'm on the red wine. Sure it's Christmas!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is he another boxer from Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blind adventurer (first blind person to make it to the South Pole). He's a motivational speaker.

He became paralyzed a couple of years back after falling from 2nd floor of a building.

The 'Run In the Dark' is in aid of his charity, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I also hadn't a clue who the OP was talking about. I suspect showing a bit of courtesy would kill some people.

So would using Google, apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So would using Google, apparently

It's always nice when an OP, actually bothers to provide links to the subject matter of a thread they themselves start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Really powerful and inspiring film.
    He also made reference to some more personal aspects of paralysis that most of us may not think of such as lack of bladder and bowel control as well as inability to have a normal sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

He's an amazing man and so is his fiancée. If that show doesn't get us all up of our lazy arses and out living life then I don't know what will

I dunno, I'd rather be a lazy arse and not blind and paralysed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've never been "Inspired" by inspirational people,doubt anybody has.
    Nice little phrase though,slightly patronising but hay.

Advertisement