Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Timber

Options
  • 22-12-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi just wondering where everyone gets their solid wood for projects as I would like to start making solid wood projects. Thanks wofias8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wofias8

Where are you based?

I'm based in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Have you tried any of the builders yards up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

wofias8 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering where everyone gets their solid wood for projects as I would like to start making solid wood projects. Thanks wofias8

I use either Chadwicks or the JP Corry chain. Delivery is a factor - everybody now seems to charge around 15 euro ( correct me if I'm wrong )
    What you want is a yard that will let you look though the bundle and pick your boards. Anybody know if Willie Crowley in Ennis is back in business ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If your in south kildare Declan Byrne in Carlow, in north kildare Strahans in Rathcoole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Sorry for jumping into your post OP but I thought it the appropriate place to ask. Is there many places in Ireland that sell figured timber like quarter - sawn oak and other woods and rippled ash and sycamore?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd say these guys are your men: http://www.wood-shed.com/cgi-bin/olscgi?cgi_req=102|1

They are in N.I.

Advertisement