Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Soccer fans the most stupid people on the planet?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

<rant> I'm watching Stoke vs Chelsea. In my defence, I'm drinking. The fans a few minutes ago did this continuous applause. Not for the purpose of showing approval or encouragement but to seem clever. To show that soccer does parodies, takes the piss, is different. It was just idiotic. And they take themselves seriously doing it. Are they the worst? Is rugby like this? GAA? Embarrassingly stupid thinking it's cool. Don't tell me to stop drinking </rant>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

<rant> I'm watching Stoke vs Chelsea. In my defence, I'm drinking. The fans a few minutes ago did this continuous applause. Not for the purpose of showing approval or encouragement but to seem clever. To show that soccer does parodies, takes the piss, is different. It was just idiotic. And they take themselves seriously doing it. Are they the worst? Is rugby like this? GAA? Embarrassingly stupid thinking it's cool. Don't tell me to stop drinking </rant>

You're watching, so that makes you a fan, so you tell us. How stupid are you>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was this on the 42nd minute by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

It was for a stoke fan who died last weekend in a car crash, he was 28, applause was on the 28th minute. I looked up their fan facebook page when it happened...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-Loud-Proud/180190115388888

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Quazzie wrote: »
    You're watching, so that makes you a fan, so you tell us. How stupid are you>?

I'm an occasional. Not a fanatic. I also eat clocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,914 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You're a soccer fan and you're being pretty stupid right now... so does that kinda prove your point???

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It was a minutes applause for a stoke fan who died in a car crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Embarrassing OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was this on the 42nd minute by any chance?
    Phibsboro wrote: »
    It was for a stoke fan who died last weekend in a car crash, he was 28, applause was on the 28th minute. I looked up their fan facebook page when it happened...

and there we are I thought it might have been for Paul Ware an ex Potter who died at 42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Phibsboro wrote: »

The wonder of the net. I'm the stupid one. Apologies all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Well, I haven't travelled extensively around the world and met with exactly every soccer fan so with that in mind I'm afraid I would have to say, yes.

• Advertisement

and there we are I thought it might have been for Paul Ware an ex Potter who died at 42.

Paul Ware, DM RC in Championship Manager 2, solid buy. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I didn't know that either... Now if you want to reboot the thread you could ask about support for FIFA and their review of the Qatar and Russia bids... I am not sporty but I enjoyed and appreciated a kick around as a kid... But FIFA... Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

hat tip on being big enough to admit your bad, and not blame the Americans or Israelis...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Might want to change the thread title to "Are soccer fans the most compassionate, thoughtful, kind people on the planet?"

The answer is still no by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is this the most embarrassing thread off all time - yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm a soccer fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Rabo Karabekian

hat tip on being big enough to admit your bad, and not blame the Americans or Israelis...

Wow, America and Israel mentioned in a thread about Chelsea v Stoke on a windy night in December. Fast becoming the new Godwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

no better company than working class football fans

• Registered Users Posts: 32,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Whats going to happen when each team has a fan that died at every age between 5 and 90? Will we end up having 85mins of continuous applause?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Whats going to happen when each team has a fan that died at every age between 5 and 90? Will we end up having 85mins of continuous applause?

I'm guessing it's a once off tribute to a season ticket holder who died in tragic circumstances...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Didn't realise the Israeli Embassy staff took Christmas holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Vandango wrote: »
    Didn't realise the Israeli Embassy staff took Christmas holidays.

Dont mind blaming baby jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Morto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Are Soccer fans the most stupid people on the planet?

No. But these kind of threads certainly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No, people that make idiotic generalisations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

You wansum mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Lets be avenue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gandalph wrote: »
    You wansum mate?

I'll give it ya. You got no fans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Probably why you let in two goals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement