Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No dog gets left behind......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I come here to laugh.. not to feel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭costadeldole

What do you do on Christmas day for kicks OP?
    Watch snuff films or ISIS beheadings?
    Merry Christmas. Tis a time to be jolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What do you do on Christmas day for kicks OP?
    Watch snuff films or ISIS beheadings?
    Merry Christmas. Tis a time to be jolly.

Well I usually find little kids and tell them Santa doesn't exist.....

......it's like a canine version of Saving Private Ryan or Blackhawk Down - how about Blackdog Down......

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Jawgap wrote: »
    Nice of the person shooting the video to put the camera down and help.....

You would like to think that is what happened after the video ended..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Driving on the right so not Irish.

Very touching and sad all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

You honestly think that happened in Sutton?

Look at the coach!
    Look what side of the road they're driving on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭costadeldole

Sutton Chinese takeaway sorted then.

antodeco wrote: »

Look at the coach!

Don't know, but it was tagged.....
    Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f98_1419219566&use_old_player=0#P7xHWSXchEvPV2pC.99

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I feel awful after seeing that poor helpless dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry OP, I'm not looking man.

I've two dogs, I love 'em to bits. I've a massive soft spot for dogs, and I can't look at that clip.

But hey, merry Christmas ~ and happy cycling if like me you're out for a spin on Christmas day (ppl, we both use the cycling forum).

• Advertisement

I've two dogs, I love 'em to bits. I've a massive soft spot for dogs, and I can't look at that clip.

But hey, merry Christmas ~ and happy cycling if like me you're out for a spin on Christmas day (ppl, we both use the cycling forum).

Likewise - I've a couple of Newfs, maybe it's me, but I thought it said a lot about dogs - a cat wouldn't have done that!!

Likewise - I've a couple of Newfs, maybe it's me, but I thought it said a lot about dogs - a cat wouldn't have done that!!

I get you, I've seen similar clips and yes dogs are amazing.

I've a cat too, I swear she's just praying for the day I die so she can laugh and eat me.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Look at the coach!

Could be a one-way street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Look at the coach!

On the Northside we follow our own rules! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

look at those fancy road markings

thats not Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1 Dark Crystal. Cats are contrary to popular, social animals. They may not have the rigid familial structure of say wolves, but neither do dogs. They both form loose associations among their peers, both animals and human and can get very stressed if one of them is hurt or dies. And it can be cross species too. Where dogs get very protective over cats they've grown up with and vice versa. A relative has a dog and a cat and they fight... well... like dogs and cats, but woe betide anyone who looks sideways at one of them, because if you do, you'll have a cat in full claws and teeth mode or a dog on bitey set to kill.

In my teens I knew this fantastic oul wan who had this mad cat. A mad cat that was more wild than tame and would take food from anyone in the neighbourhood. The woman passed away and that same "wild" cat cried for days, running into weeks outside her now closed door and refused food from her usual providers around the area. It only started to eat again when her sister took her in and it had become very thin by that stage. He got better though. Indeed outlived the sister for whom he cried too and then went to live with one of the daughters. The fecker lived to be 18 after going through two generations.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

+1.

Cats are tw@ts - the cat above is clearly checking it's dead mate to see if he's carrying a wallet. That, or seeing if he'd be comfortable enough to sleep on while still warm......

Only kidding - we've three cats along with the Newfs. Two of the cats have no interest in the dogs and ignore them. Newfs being Newfs just can't be ar$ed to give the cats any attention.

Cat #3 - the youngest - thinks it's a Newf, and not just any Newf, it thinks it's the head Newf. It constantly 'attacks' them, and when not doing that it uses one or the other as a bed. Again, Newfs being Newfs just go along with the game.

All the cats belong to my wife - the first two, I'm convinced, are planning to kill me in my sleep and make it look like an accident because I brought the dogs into their house!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't think it's a sad video at all, I think it's beautiful and inspiring the capacity for compassion that other animals have, and that compassion transcends species barriers. I really think people could learn a thing or two from them. We all need compassion, we're hard-wired for it as are many other animals. It's one of those things thats essential for a healthy mind, practising compassion is a powerful tool in dealing with mental illness and science supports that. One of those things not to be underestimated.

I'm sure you've all seen countless cute animal videos of this kind of thing, earlier I watched a video of a monkey resuscitating another monkey after it was shocked from train lines or something, but I see stuff like this every day, we like to think it's unusual but it's really not, just that we're obsessed with recording everything now -_-

I have so many examples just from my own cats who I don't live with anymore and don't get to see very often, but you should see how they react to me when they hear my voice on Skype. Yet my sister whenever she visits expects them to react to her the same as me, just coz we look alike, but theyre not stupid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Love dogs
    Hate cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Aw, no. I've a dog of my own and I love him to bits. He's been a near constant companion to me and my friends and family for years. He's middle aged now and he's still as lively and active as he was when he was just a cute little ball of fluff who loved chasing me around the house and ate the sh*t out of my runners and socks.

I couldn't stand to watch that video. In a film or TV show, you can show me people getting killed or being hurt and I'm very 'meh' about the whole thing.

But show me a dog getting killed or hurt (or even worse, a heroic dog), and I'll be blubbering like a baby.

I love my doggie and he loves me back so much. I think I'll go give him a big cuddle, just because.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Sad but makes you think about what they think about9the dogs that is). My own dog is smarter than a lot of people.
    The cat, on the other hand?
    She looks at me like I owe her money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

They eat dogs in Asia.

Wibbs wrote: »

In my teens I knew this fantastic oul wan who had this mad cat. A mad cat that was more wild than tame and would take food from anyone in the neighbourhood. The woman passed away and that same "wild" cat cried for days, running into weeks outside her now closed door and refused food from her usual providers around the area. It only started to eat again when her sister took her in and it had become very thin by that stage. He got better though. Indeed outlived the sister for whom he cried too and then went to live with one of the daughters. The fecker lived to be 18 after going through two generations.

Mmmmm, was this cat ever questioned re. these deaths?.. No one ever suspects the cat!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

lukesmom wrote: »
    Love dogs
    Hate cats

Sounds like a spin-off idea for a recent RTE drama featuring feral animals...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Anyone who "hates" animals of any species would want to cop themselves on

Advertisement