Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd Mayweather counting one million dollars

Options
  • 22-12-2014 8:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭

I just watched the video of Floyd Mayweather counting one million dollars:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZhQs5I6sXc
    I have never seen that amount of cash in my life. I was surprised it could fit in a bag so small. I thought it would take up a small suitcase.
    The most I have ever held in my hand was £10,000 sterling, and that fitted in a small money box quite easily.
    What's the most amount of cash you have ever seen or handled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just watched the video of Floyd Mayweather counting one million dollars:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZhQs5I6sXc
    I have never seen that amount of cash in my life. I was surprised it could fit in a bag so small. I thought it would take up a small suitcase.
    The most I have ever held in my hand was £10,000 sterling, and that fitted in a small money box quite easily.
    What's the most amount of cash you have ever seen or handled?

I once had a green 100 Euro note

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If I was rich enough I'd genuinely have a bed with the base made of money, not even kidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I once had a green 100 Euro note

I had to take out €800 for a bill last week - they gave me three notes, a 500, a 200 and a 100. I didn't even know there was a 200 and had only seen a 500 once or twice before. A €200 euro note? Who knew? Yup, we took pics, a lot of pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

13000 euro in cash in all 50 euro notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I would hate Floyd Mayweather for being an arrogant jumped up prick but he does have the skills to back it all up.

On topic: About E1300.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Least he counted it instead of burning it like those K Foundation idiots. A few clatters to the head from Floyd might have knocked some sense into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

10,000 US Dollars is the most I've ever held…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

About a hundred euro maybe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I work in retail so the most probably about €50k when banking takings. He's worth something like $300m, as much of a prick he seems I really have to admire him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

About 4,500euro redundancy money. It fitted in a brown envelope.

Love getting fired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I would hate Floyd Mayweather for being an arrogant jumped up prick but he does have the skills to back it all up.

On topic: About E1300.

He ducked Pacquiao tho. And Roy Jones ducked Steve Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Did he take the bag and smack his missus around with it?
    Great fighter but an truly horrible git.

Glazers Out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2jqnhOKXo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Hard work and dedication.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭costadeldole

No it was the other way round.
    Pacquiao ducked the fight with Mayweather as he didn't want random blood and urine testing before the fight. The reason being that to make the weight Pacquiao would need to be on steroids. Bob Arum has been blocking them fighting for years, even now when a May 2nd date has been set for it.
    I genuinely believe Mayweather wants it, and would beat Pacquiao easily.
    Its not a case of him ducking it as he fears losing his unbeaten record.
    He has 2 fights left on pay per view contract to fulfill and has stated many times he will retire after that. So its looking like Pacquiao in May, then Amir Khan in December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

must make him feel better about himself when he knocks his misses around , the scumbag !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If it was ever possible for a straight man to get a boner watching boxing, it's Floyd Mayweather. He is a boxing genius. It's just incredible.

And just to note, there is much more to the man than the promotional spin and the money team. He puts a lot into charity and into children that have limited chance at education or sport and did so from a very early stage. He just doesn't blow the trumpet loud on it.

The plain fact is America is america. The rights or wrongs of America are not Floyd Mayweather's problem to resolve. He is not the correct person to charge with a responsibility to be a vehicle for social change. He was given this world. He didn't make it. The man does what he does the only way he knows how; through hard work and dedication. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Really respect him as a fighter, but as a person he's nothing short of an egotistical cnut!

Wonder if he's good for a loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Floyd Money Mayweather....now there is a boxer I will enjoy seeing lose all his money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What a vulgar man. Can't buy class eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sure he can, he can get first class whenever he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

And there was me thinking I was the hard lad with 8k in Vegas. And punted it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

myshirt wrote: »
    The plain fact is America is america. The rights or wrongs of America are not Floyd Mayweather's problem to resolve. He is not the correct person to charge with a responsibility to be a vehicle for social change. He was given this world. He didn't make it. The man does what he does the only way he knows how; through hard work and dedication. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I disagree, many people come from tough backgrounds just like Mayweather without growing up to be total assholes.

Also, he has left a huge mark on his legacy by ducking Pacquiao when Pac was at his peak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The thing is, he gets a percentage of the pay for view money as well as prize money etc. While people will tune in to watch a guy win, its also known they tune to see a lad get beat. I'd suggest Mayweather is fully aware of the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Yeah, you would think with his money he could pay someone to count it :)

"Where's the money counter?"

"It's his day off!"

The worst thing Mayweather did was tweet how his 'Money Team' would pay for Joe Fraziers funeral after Frazier died almost penniless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That'd make one big money phone.

Advertisement