Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs payment scheme with UK prescription?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, if it's not sorry mods!

I need an assessment for a condition, and the waiting times for appointments in Ireland are pretty long, even for private. I am now planning on going to the UK and getting the assessment privately there, as they can accommodate me much faster, and I've wasted an awful lot of time waiting for various things here to no avail. If the assessment suggests it, they say they can give me a prescription for treatment to take home with me. I believe UK prescriptions can be filled here, but will a prescription from the UK still be eligible for the Drugs payment scheme? I believe the medication can be extremely expensive and I would not be able to afford it without it - paying for the assessment itself will be a stretch.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Perhaps the thing to do is get his local GP to rewrite the script when he gets home.

Advertisement