Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One partition issues

Options
  • 22-12-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

My HTC One has two partitions.

One partition (called "App Storage") has a capacity of 6.76GB with 761MB used by "Apps" and 5.80GB used by "Other" leaving a miserable 219MB available.

The other partition (called "Phone Storage") has a capacity of 25.24GB with 142MB used by "Apps"; 14.78 used by "Music"; 85.22MB used by " Photos & Videos"; 1.32MB used by "Downloads" with 25.02GB available.

I am getting messages of low storage. In addition, I now cannot download anymore Apps and get messages about being unable to Sync eMails.

Thus the following questions:

1 Is there meant to be two partitions? This phone has been in for "repair" twice in the last 12 months.

2 If there is meant to be two partitions, why cannot I not transfer data from the "Apps Storage" to the "Phone Storage"?

3 It's been suggested that the "Apps Storage" contains the operating system. When the phone was bought, it used "Jelly Bean" which had a size that was OK for the "Apps Storage". Mine has "Kit Kat" which, I understand, is much larger in size.

To me, it seams crazy that the "Apps Partition" is so small and that Apps can be stored in either partition. Any solutions/thoughts would be appreciated. BTW. Vodafone has told me that this is the first time they have come across this problem and that I would have to pay them for a solution or else dump the phone and get a new one!!!
    Tagged:

Advertisement