Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Q

Options
  • 22-12-2014 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Are people finding shopping centers and town to be too busy right now? I mean I know it's the festive season but I was in Dublin town every night since getting home and I've Q'd for so long to get into Coppers and Opium bar. Also I was in the new Dundrum shopping centre on Friday and it took me 45 mins to get into the carpark. There seems to be too many people in the country perhaps or not enough pubs and shops to meet demands or am I on my own with this. The weather is bloody awful here too at the moment right? I nearly got blown away Qing for Coppers.

Comments

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Are people finding shopping centers and town to be too busy right now? I mean I know it's the festive season but I was in Dublin town every night since getting home and I've Q'd for so long to get into Coppers and Opium bar. Also I was in the new Dundrum shopping centre on Friday and it took me 45 mins to get into the carpark. There seems to be too many people in the country perhaps or not enough pubs and shops to meet demands or am I on my own with this. The weather is bloody awful here too at the moment right? I nearly got blown away Qing for Coppers.

^^^^
    The part in bold

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

No its gotten to the point where I couldn't move more than a foot in front of me. They're letting too many people in to some of these places if you ask me. It took me about 25 mins to get my drink. That's a bloody disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Back in my day we'd Q to get in the Q just the get a numbered ticket for the Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

It took me five working days to get to the weekend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

When I was out on Friday, I figured out a great way of getting served quickly. First time the lady behind the bar served me, I made sure to give her a fiver tip. After that, as soon as I got to the packed bar again, she served me ahead of everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stay in, don't queue
    Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

During the Festivus I avoid public places like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

MUST BUY EVERYTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Back in my day we used ueue

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I go very early in the morning and get everything done by the time the herds arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I had the misfortune to go to Dundrum Town Centre on Saturday, as I'd to get something for the memsahb's birthday.

It seems being 6'2" and looking like I'll bite you if you don't get out the way has it's advantages. In and out in 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

I saw a woman in her VW golf park in a wheelchair parking space.. out she popped, bag in hand, anything to be nearer to the front door of Dunnes, i confronted her, and she replied to get over myself...seething, i managed to find traffic warden 5 mins later, told him what this pathetic excuse for a human did, and he said he would make his way down..

im walking down the same carpark 30 mins later, car parked still in the reserved spot, this time with ticket attached..ah the xmas feelgood factor, she should queue for a space like the rest of us !!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Hoop66 wrote: »
    I had the misfortune to go to Dundrum Town Centre on Saturday, as I'd to get something for the memsahb's birthday.

It seems being 6'2" and looking like I'll bite you if you don't get out the way has it's advantages. In and out in 15 mins.

A/S/L?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

To get into Q-Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

chrysagon wrote: »
    I saw a woman in her VW golf park in a wheelchair parking space.. out she popped, bag in hand, anything to be nearer to the front door of Dunnes, i confronted her, and she replied to get over myself...seething, i managed to find traffic warden 5 mins later, told him what this pathetic excuse for a human did, and he said he would make his way down..

im walking down the same carpark 30 mins later, car parked still in the reserved spot, this time with ticket attached..ah the xmas feelgood factor, she should queue for a space like the rest of us !!

Now that's the Christmas spirit!

Advertisement