Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Recommendation

Options
  • 22-12-2014 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I want to get my Dad a bottle of Port for Christmas but I have no idea where to start. We were in Dublin recently and he had a glass of Port in a restaurant which he loved. They brought the bottle to the table: it was a squarish bottle and the glass costed €11, the port itself was quite sweet. He doesn't remember the name of it, he just asked for a recommendation. I know that it's a long shot, with very little information, (should have taken greater notice of the label) that anyone would know what make it is.

However, any recommendations would be great, I'm thinking he likes quite a sweet Port, as I'm not a Port drinker myself. I would hope to spend around €45-€50, but realistically if I find the right one I'll get it!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Go for a tawny port then, paler than ruby or lbv ports.

Advertisement