Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Wait For St Stephen's Day (Sale)?

Options
  • 21-12-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I don't usually pay attention to sales. I usually just buy things as I need them. However, there is a chair in Harvey Norman that costs €279 and I'm conscience that St Stephen's day is only 7 days away and it might be discounted in the sale.

Sorry, I know this sounds like an obvious question, and I know some people here are great bargain hunters, so would you recommend that I wait.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I don't usually pay attention to sales. I usually just buy things as I need them. However, there is a chair in Harvey Norman that costs €279 and I'm conscience that St Stephen's day is only 7 days away and it might be discounted in the sale.

Sorry, I know this sounds like an obvious question, and I know some people here are great bargain hunters, so would you recommend that I wait.

Thanks.

The price is a little on the low side for a major discount.

Cyber Monday i got a bed worth €780 for €620 - it was also delivered to my door for free (normal cost €50). So overall a €210 saving.

I would also recommend haggling (that particular store encourages it). Rule of thumb, don't settle for less than 10% discount.

That's my advice based on 1 purchase ever.. but then it all depends on the timing/who you get/store policy etc etc. Best of luck!

Advertisement