Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Panettone?

Options
  • 21-12-2014 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Anyone have any nice ideas for what to do with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Bread & butter pudding or French toast...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A rich bread & butter pudding is a great way to use it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Anything without copious amounts of cream or milk? A little bit is okay, but half of us here are lactose intolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Thanks I did get a gift of a small one so I'm going to be making french toast panettone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Make Trifle (you can control the amount of fruit/cream/etc0 ,

or ice it (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9258/orange-frosted-panettone-cake)

some other recipes here http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/jan/04/recipes.foodanddrink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

We had a bake sale in my work and somebody had gotten the pannetone and sliced it into 4 layers, soaked it in booze (not sure exactly what!) and then filled with whipped cream and raspberries - it looked amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The proper Italian way to do, is to slice it horizontal. Then you get mascarpone cheese, add sugar, brandy or rum and eggs. They mixture sinks into the Panettone and its amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I just eat it with butter (avec a big durty mug of tea) deelicious.

Advertisement