Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI wine/prosecco

Options
  • 21-12-2014 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got the €20 voucher for ALDI and I want to buy some of their better and more expensive products to hit the €100 mark (e.g. steak).

Can anyone recommend any ALDI wines or prosecco? My wine tastes are simple enough.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to beer, wine and spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hard at this time of year as most of the shelves are stocked with more expensive wines for Christmas. Sometimes this crowds out the 'regulars' that people are familiar with.

Check out their Exquisite range if you want to try something different.
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/drinks/wine-cellar/the-exquisite-collection/

Everyday range, cost about 6-7e.

Reds:
    French Côtes du Rhône, Spanish Toro Loco Tempranillo, French Pinot Noir

White:
    South African Cambalala Chenin Blanc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I've had most of the exquisite collection and they are excellent.

Will also echo the Vote for the Toro Loco Tempranillo.

Something nice for Christmas, though it is expensive by Aldi Standards is the Sparkling Franciacorta DOCG Very similar to Champagne it is - and not that readily available in Ireland 22 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

anewme wrote: »
    I've had most of the exquisite collection and they are excellent.

Will also echo the Vote for the Toro Loco Tempranillo.

Something nice for Christmas, though it is expensive by Aldi Standards is the Sparkling Franciacorta DOCG Very similar to Champagne it is - and not that readily available in Ireland 22 euro.

Sparkling wine is pretty much exactly the same as champagne. But it doesn't come from the champagne of France, so it cant be called champagne. It's region protected.

The best value sparkling wine is Jacobs creek range. It's about €16-18 a bottle and is considered the best value sparkling wine. Although aldi don't sell it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It is the Villa Emozione 2009. I've had it and it's excellent. I much prefer it over something like Jacobs Creek.

I've been to the Franciacorta region and loved tasting all the different foods and wines. You don't see it here much and that's why I recommended it as something different.

I'm getting one for Christmas anyway!

Advertisement