Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large package from USA..

Options
  • 20-12-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there!,

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place, or it might be obvious perhaps,
    forgive me I'm Scottish just arrived in lovely Ireland!

I have just been sent a 'large' package by priority mail USPS from the USA,
    (I do not know exact dimensions)
    But approx 20kg I think..

Does anyone know if this will be delivered by An post or will it be passed to a courier company to deliver ?
    (delivery address is in the middle of nowhere, co.Clare)

I know in Scotland sometimes large parcels are given to Parcel Force to deliver..

Hopefully someone on here can give me some info.
    Basically it is complicated because our address is very hard to find, and I am hoping the sender put our correct mobile # on the package.

Thanks for any advice. cheers!

also anyone know if there would be a 'sorting office' or depot in central co.clare I could phone to see if they have been trying to deliver a package to our address?
    currently the An post website is not registering the tracking # I have..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

You should be able to track the parcel using the USPS website. This will show its progress from the states and will even show updates once it arrives in Ireland. The parcel should also be visible on the AnPost tracking site once it arrives in Ireland, not before.

The parcel will then be delivered by AnPosts parcel delivery service rather than your regular postman. As this is part of AnPost they will probably be able to find your house. If they have a problem they will deliver it to a nearby sorting office and give you a notification of where you can pick it up from. On the AnPost website you will be able to see updates if they have been unable to deliver to you. You can ring AnPost's general customer care number rather than the sorting office to get detailed information on where the parcel is.

So, once the parcel is in Ireland you should see updates on the AnPost site saying things like. 'Enroute to customer' or' No answer at address' or 'Delivery Failure' or 'Delivered to sorting office'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 balyvroughaun

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    You should be able to track the parcel using the USPS website. This will show its progress from the states and will even show updates once it arrives in Ireland. The parcel should also be visible on the AnPost tracking site once it arrives in Ireland, not before.

The parcel will then be delivered by AnPosts parcel delivery service rather than your regular postman. As this is part of AnPost they will probably be able to find your house. If they have a problem they will deliver it to a nearby sorting office and give you a notification of where you can pick it up from. On the AnPost website you will be able to see updates if they have been unable to deliver to you. You can ring AnPost's general customer care number rather than the sorting office to get detailed information on where the parcel is.

So, once the parcel is in Ireland you should see updates on the AnPost site saying things like. 'Enroute to customer' or' No answer at address' or 'Delivery Failure' or 'Delivered to sorting office'.

thats fantastic, thanks for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

3 main shippers are the post office
    fedex and united parcel service,they probably sent it by post as its cheaper,

it will hit customs,first

it should take 3 weeks,unless they asked for fast delivery which I doubt

as it costs so much

if they just sent it it will have hit the Christmas backlog,add extra week

Advertisement