Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day Traditions?

Options
  • 20-12-2014 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what traditions peoples have here for Christmas Day or indeed what new ones are you creating if you've broken away to start your own new family ? Swim in the sea, champagne breakfast, midnight mass, presents opened throughout the day, fish instead of turkey?

I've developed the tradition of Christmas morning breakfast- French toast, bacon and maple syrup with sparkling wine:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

6 cans of cider for breakfast, a few benzos in the afternoon and then topped off at dinner with a couple of bottles of cough syrup.

Steak for brekkie!

This year I've a doggie so a big long walk in the woods will be a new tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

Steak for brekkie!

This year I've a doggie so a big long walk in the woods will be a new tradition.

That actually sounds quite sinister for your dog.:confused:

paulbok wrote: »
    That actually sounds quite sinister for your dog.:confused:

>.>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I don't get up to 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Big family fight after the dinner. It wouldn't be Christmas without it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Strawberry ice cream in a pint glass of fizzy orange, a tradition started about 20 odd years ago by my mother and carried on every Christmas eve night since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Steak for brekkie!

Ah that's cool:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

We always have Viennetta after dinner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Go down the neighbour's house for a feed of brandy Christmas morning, home and make a balls of making the dinner, collapse in front of the fire and watch shite on telly.

• Advertisement

6 cans of cider for breakfast, a few benzos in the afternoon and then topped off at dinner with a couple of bottles of cough syrup.

You have dinner? :eek:

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

Eat, drink, Sleep, rinse, repeat:D

Oh yeh and the obligatory family row thown in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ruu wrote: »
    We always have Viennetta after dinner. :)
    I buy a sherry trifle from SuperValu and fcuk half a bottle of Brostol Cream in it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Xanax. Lots and lots of Xanax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Eat a big feed and spend the day arsing around online and/or watching films. So a regular weekday essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Avoid the annual family fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mass. Walk. Buffet tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

We always have loads of desserts. We have a flan with the base soaked in A winters tale sherry and filled with loads of fruit and fresh cream, trifle with loads of A winters tale sherry and profiteroles and fresh cream and chocolate log:)

Up at 8am for present then I fast till Dinner then more time for present

then 6pm - 10pm Soaps (Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders & Fair City)

then Mrs Brown Christmas Special then off to bed

Avoid the annual family fight

Its not Christmas without the family Row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Its not Christmas without the family Row

Yes it is! :mad::mad:

Ruu wrote: »
    Yes it is! :mad::mad:

Oh no it's not:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

On a serious note .. .

Avoid the mother when she is prepping the Christmas dinner. Lovely lady for the whole year, but you go near the kitchen on Christmas before it's time and she turns into a right battleaxe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Do any of you go to pubs? a few friends of mine do every year after dinner, in the side door of the local pub. I personally don't as I prefer to spend the day with family (well I probably would go but my mother and father wouldn't be very impressed)

I always wonder why the owner does it, like Jesus it's one of the only two days in the year they have off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i don't **** on xmas day

too holy a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Wake up at some time around 10-11am. Eat the breakfast left out for me and then wait for everyone else to come back from mass. Then its just the usual dinner, do nothing for ages and eventually open presents.

Do any of you go to pubs? a few friends of mine do every year after dinner, in the side door of the local pub. I personally don't as I prefer to spend the day with family (well I probably would go but my mother and father wouldn't be very impressed)

I always wonder why the owner does it, like Jesus it's one of the only two days in the year they have off. :pac:

It certainly used to happen years ago for regulars in country pubs; tradition and all that. Haven't experienced it in recent years though, I wonder does it happen at all these days. It was harmless even back in the day, just friends meeting up Christmas morning for a drink, nothing major; in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

eat everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Get up and lick the smoken salmon, fapping, followed by drinking emetic and castor oil, then a tray of zimmos. Get up when all the fighting is over, going straight for the trifle and lumping it on top of my turkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Wake up at 10, go to the fridge in my boxers for a can, go back to bed to drink the can, have a shower, visit granny's, drink some more, go home, drink more, eat dinner, drink more, sleep off the drunkness, watch Eastenders, watch Australian cricket.

Advertisement