Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer Plate suggestions?

Options
  • 20-12-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey guys, I have a Onkyo TX-SR333 av reciever and i'm trying to connect a sony wp-1000 subwoofer to it.
    The Onkyo will only take an active sub, is it worth my time getting a subwoofer plate amplifier and hooking everthing up or would I be better off just buying a new active subwoofer.

If getting the amplifier would be better does anyone know a model i should get or where to get it.

Cheers!
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

that looked like my old panasonic setup 5-1 which i sold on and replaced with an onkyo amp and klipsch system ,trouble is how big your budget is.i dont do small lol

http://www.technofile.com/articles/klipsch_synergy.asp.

i am sure if you searched here on richersound thread he maybe able to guide you to a nice setup on a budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

If you do decide to pick up an amp of some sort, do watch out, your Sony subwoofer (according to specs online) has a very low rated impedance of only 1.3Ω, which most amps would see as a short - so shop carefully.

Advertisement