Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mispriced phone and company clawback

Options
  • 20-12-2014 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I purchased a phone which was discounted due to the plan also offered. The shop have told me that they under priced it and want me to pay the excess for the device cost. As I had paid the price offered for the device, received it, and left the premises is this considered completion of the device contract or can they claw back their stated excess? The T&C s for the plan (or service) specifically exclude the sale of the device.

Any guidance appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭kimmykins

Hi,

If you purchased the phone as part of a new bill pay or upgrade agreement and you've already signed the contract, I don't think you should be obliged to pay any excess fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The shop messed up. If the phone was incorrectly priced, they shouldn't have accepted your offer and completed the sale. They're trying to cover their ass with threats of claw back which they have no power or ability to apply to your account.

Just tell them you paid what was agreed so contract of sale is complete. If they keep pushing it just cancel and let them deal with getting rid of a used non faulty phone and missed commission.

Advertisement