Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C Drive Partition

Options
  • 19-12-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

I want to partition my C drive. The drive capacity is 450gb of which 258gb are free. I want to partition it so that the partition will have 100gb. However when trying to do this through disk management it will only allow me to partition 50gb. I'm running windows 7. I'm wondering is it worth maybe doing a defrag and trying again or are using 3rd party partition programs such as mini tool partition wizard the way to go, and are they safe?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I recently resized a partition. Disable paging, hibernation, system restore points, shadow volume copies and recycle bin. Restart, delete paging file. Get Defraggler (from Piriform, who do Ccleaner), run that multiple times. When you resize, re-enable the features above you still want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Backup what you do before hand just to be safe. Partitioning a drive but still keeping data on it can never be 100% percent safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

Cheers for the information, yeah I was going to back everything up. i was thinking If I clone my hard drive to an external drive i'd cover my self in case something goes terribly wrong

Advertisement