Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US army desterter who joined Legion sentenced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Saw that myself. Tells you a lot about the political atmosphere at the moment that this individual will be likely sent to jail for his actions, which, whilst he did the wrong thing in terms of desertion, he at least served with honor in the Legion. Meanwhile Bergdahl, whose desertion directly lead to the deaths of soldiers sent to look for him and probably indirectly contributed to further casualties from intel he gave up, will most likely escape punishment altogether.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

We'll see. Bergsdahl hasn't been shown guilty of desertion yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Makes me wonder why he saw the Legion, with it's reputation for brutality, as a better option than the US military.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

We'll see. Bergsdahl hasn't been shown guilty of desertion yet.

Yea, and that tells you plenty in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

obplayer wrote: »
    Makes me wonder why he saw the Legion, with it's reputation for brutality, as a better option than the US military.
    The Legion have some reputation all right. Tough sons of b!tches:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement