Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas School Play questions

Options
  • 19-12-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi All!

I recorded our sons school play and now want to edit it. My experience is very limited, I have an idea in my head but little knowledge on how to do it.
    I have:
    - school play recorded with a Canon 600d
    - another short video of the school from outside to use as an intro
    - Sony Vegas Pro 11
    - 5 year old, dual core Compaq laptop

And question:
    - what's best, editing the intro separately and then pasting the ready file at the beginning of the other recording and re-rendering it all OR pasting the un-edited intro and editing it there and rendering all in one go

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

I'm not familiar with Sony Vegas but I assume it uses a timeline like most editors, so if it does, you need to import your footage (the establishing shot of the school) then your main feature footage, into Vegas.
    Drop the clips on the timeline and arrange them, shorten or whatever apply any FX you want, apply a transition between the clips, maybe add a title at the start or end and then your done, you can then render off the timeline in whatever format is best.

:)

Advertisement