Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a soundtrack?

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is bizarre, plain weird or normal.

I don't really listen to one band or one genre. I do like electronic music anything from dance, pop, synthpop to underground techno and house. A bit of metal/rock too.

But the way I perceive music is in a which it is my own movie soundtrack, what I am listening to shapes my day, makes me confident and makes me walk with my head held high everyday.

I feel like the shizz. I'm a naturally shy person/reserved, so I put it on as an escape. If i'm ever going to meet up with people or go to a social event, I listen to music all day long shaping how the event is going to go and imagine the events happening with music.

Even with sports when I play football, I'll play a few songs, set a mood and imagine all the ways I'm going to play well and I feel if I didn't have it, I wouldn't be as confident.

Does anyone else perceive music this way or..?
    (also sorry if it's the wrong forum)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

It's normal to be inspired by music and to use it for inspiration , what else would it be for ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

byrneg28 wrote: »

I don't really listen to one band or one genre. I do like electronic music anything from dance, pop, synthpop to underground techno and house. A bit of metal/rock too.

But the way I perceive music is in a which it is my own movie soundtrack, what I am listening to shapes my day, makes me confident and makes me walk with my head held high everyday.

I feel like the shizz. I'm a naturally shy person/reserved, so I put it on as an escape. If i'm ever going to meet up with people or go to a social event, I listen to music all day long shaping how the event is going to go and imagine the events happening with music.

Even with sports when I play football, I'll play a few songs, set a mood and imagine all the ways I'm going to play well and I feel if I didn't have it, I wouldn't be as confident.

Not sure why, but I'm almost envious of you having read that. Sounds like a brilliant way to use music.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I would say most people perceive music this way. Look at the way sporting events use anthems and power music to get crowds and competitors going.

Try watching legendary movies without their orchestration, youll find the music made them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

byrneg28 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm like you. I could not live without music. I listen to it all day at work. I see something positive in every genre of music - so my Mp3 player could shuffle from Handel to Orbital to Iron Maiden to the Bangles.

I find it lifts my mood when I'm feeling down, and if I have to study or do anything intricate, that ambient music like Phillip Glass or Brian Eno works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Steve Reich for coding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm like you. I could not live without music. I listen to it all day at work. I see something positive in every genre of music - so my Mp3 player could shuffle from Handel to Orbital to Iron Maiden to the Bangles.

I find it lifts my mood when I'm feeling down, and if I have to study or do anything intricate, that ambient music like Phillip Glass or Brian Eno works best.

This was me 10 years ago; devoured music. Now its pretty much just when I'm driving to and from work. No music in work, time with kids when I get home and then I'm studying/jobbing when they do down.

I believe that appreciation of music is very important and has such a huge impact on our lives.

Advertisement