Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Suggestions

Options
  • 19-12-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Has anyone here purchased a TV recently, what have you guys gone for?
    All the nice, slick Samsungs and LG's 4K etc have a really bad input lag, around 80ms. Its only the Sony and some Panasonics that provide about 40ms

any suggestions, i would love to actually enjoy Street Fighter 5 on a nice big tv, rather than using my computer monitor for games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unless you also buy the beefiest of gaming rigs, you are going to get lag due to upscaling from the console's 720p/1080p source on any 4k TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Yup will avoid 4k as upscaling will be an issue. This sony only has 22ms lag, http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl50w829b-201403023650.htm
    however not sure how it measures up against a samsung in terms of picture quality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

22ms for a big screen is good.

I'd check on the HDTV thread on SRK though because I think people there may have said that the Leo Bodnar test is a load of balls.

really? thats bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I have that tv. Fighting games are good on it when you turn on game mode. I have no problems with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

bush wrote: »
    TV is not poo.

FYP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Placebo wrote: »
    Yup will avoid 4k as upscaling will be an issue. This sony only has 22ms lag, http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl50w829b-201403023650.htm
    however not sure how it measures up against a samsung in terms of picture quality

That's my exact TV. Couldn't recommend it any more. Very little lag and a fantastic picture quality - sound is slightly underwhelming but a sound bar/surround system will sort that out.

Ye the sound is crap but I got when the soundbar was going free with it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bush wrote: »
    Ye the sound is crap but I got when the soundbar was going free with it

Me too. And I won the PS4 :D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Me too. And I won the PS4 :D

Dam

• Advertisement