Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAVING CERT HISTORY PROJECT

Options
  • 19-12-2014 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

would it be okay if I use a history project from one of last years leaving certs? Or would I most definatly get caught

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

Why would you even want to do that? The research project is probably the most interesting part of the course, Self directed, independent learning, not just regurgitating notes.

Extremely dishonest, and (im assuming the plagiarised essay is an A) skews the statistics nationally. It's not a case of being "caught or not", it's about being fair to those who put in the hard work to produce a high quality essay, not just taking the lazy route and cannibalizing someone elses work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Meadhbh E

No to be honest it is just because my teacher is absolutely crap and gives us no notes what so ever we just sit in class and read the book. Its not very interactive learning and I know he wont bother to correct these projects for us or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Meadhbh E wrote: »
    No to be honest it is just because my teacher is absolutely crap and gives us no notes what so ever we just sit in class and read the book. Its not very interactive learning and I know he wont bother to correct these projects for us or anything

I know when I did my LC 8 years ago I picked the topic and did the research myself. Although I did receive a lot of help from a very kind man in kilamainham gaol. But my teacher definitely read and advised me on my work. If you feel that your teacher is not going to help you by correcting your work or giving you pointers on what you could do to improve your project you should definitely approach the teacher responsible for your year or your principal.

They never take it too seriously unless a parent goes down but ya I will see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

They never take it too seriously unless a parent goes down but ya I will see :)

Would your parents be aware of the way this teacher in particular acts? If they do, they would probably want to help you get as good a grade as possible so they would probably have no problem going to your school. Tell your parents. If you're serious about your LC they'll definitely want to help you.

• Advertisement

I will definatly do that because my course requires over 510 points!

I loved history since first year and this year I hate it because our old teacher moved to another school, sge was brilliant. Now this year we get landed with this eejit. Just typical its in my LC i get the worst teacher going!! My mum said she would go down to the school though so happy days! Thank you all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I sincerely hope this is a windup, 'Meadhbh'. If not it's the most foolish posting I've seen here in a long time. Talk about alerting the SEC...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

would it be okay if I use a history project from one of last years leaving certs? Or would I most definatly get caught
    No, it is not ok; yes, there is a good chance you will be caught; do you really want to risk (at minimum) having your score for this subject cancelled? ... apart altogether from the ethical issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement