Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greman Hospitals

Options
  • 18-12-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

Recently I travelled to Germany on holidays. Unfortunately I had to go to the hospital which cost me 500 euros. The charge was paid on the day. Last week I got a letter saying I owed a further 100 euro and another 590 for the ambulance. This seems very expensive while also unfair as they stated 500 was the total charge. I was wondering is there any way of getting around paying or what would the penatly be if I didnt.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You *may* be able to reclaim some to all of the costs (including the 500 paid) from the HSE in the case that you didn't have an EHIC card. If you did and didn't present it I believe you're out of luck.

590 for the ambulance doesn't seem dear at all to me, knowing what they cost privately. Do they say what the 100 is for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Did you not have holiday insurance?

If so, you can claim it back

As mentioned if you had an EHIC and presented it,there would be no charge

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArnieSilvia

Maybe it's a coincidence but two totals come very close, could be same payment and they didn't note this was already paid

Advertisement