Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are many people here travelling over Christmas? Does the weather concern you?

Options
  • 18-12-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't sure about the appropriateness of this thread, but here goes anyway...

Lately there have been some media rumblings about the climate turning harsh over the holidays. This is not unusual; I've lost count of how many times I've heard 'it's going to be the harshest winter since nineteen dickety-two' over the years. Usually I ignore the speculation because I tend not to travel much over the holidays, but this year I'm taking a holiday and I'm now on full paranoia mode. I'm heading out of Dublin on New Year's Day (around 7am) to Budapest.

Is it still too early to tell if the weather poses an obstacle to travel? I know very little about forecasts so the other threads are like reading another language. If there is a threat, is it more likely to be snow or storm, or is it too early to call that as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's impossible to give you an accurate forecast two weeks in advance
    Keep an eye on MTC's Daily Forecast thread - he usually gives a 5-day outlook.

The Harshest Winter etc. stories have been discussed (and rubbished) here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement