Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't buy a new helmet(yet!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I was reading that. I'm not entirely sure if it should stop someone buying a new helmet though. The standard is withdrawn because they couldn't agree on it (typical :rolleyes:) and there's only the higher standard helmets left. I don't particularly think the standard is too bad, it would protect you if you had a fall in most cases, and a new helmet at (BS)EN1384 will offer far more protection than, I would imagine, a lot of helmets out there. Mine included, I'm ashamed to say. It's just a case of helmet standards getting higher and higher as the years go on, particularly with the spotlight helmets are getting recently. I'm just hoping that prices don't reflect on the change...

Advertisement