Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney sweep required - Dublin

Options
  • 18-12-2014 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im renting the same property near 4.5 years now, I've never bothered to use the open fire up to now, but cant be dealing with the cold winters anymore so I've decided to start using it.
    Landlord had it cleaned prior to me moving in, but 4.5 years is a long time so I need to get it sorted.
    Can anyone recommend a good, reliable and certified chimney sweep in the Dublin area?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I used this crowd the other week

http://www.acleansweepdublin.ie/

50 notes and they were reliable, showed up when they said they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

terrydel wrote: »
    Hi,

Im renting the same property near 4.5 years now, I've never bothered to use the open fire up to now, but cant be dealing with the cold winters anymore so I've decided to start using it.
    Landlord had it cleaned prior to me moving in, but 4.5 years is a long time so I need to get it sorted.
    Can anyone recommend a good, reliable and certified chimney sweep in the Dublin area?

Cheers.

If it was cleaned before you moved in and you never used it, then there is no need to clean it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

It's also the Landlord's responsibility to get this done. But realistically it doesn't sound like it's required if you've never used it since it was last cleaned...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

To be honest- if it hasn't even been inspected in 4-5 years- even if it doesn't need cleaning- giving it the once over would be a good idea.

I've used this crowd lately- http://www.dublinchimneysweep.com/index.html

Main issue at this time of the year- is anyone who is competent and comes recommended- is probably up to their eyes in work, and you may be waiting for an appointment.

I'd also suggest- finding out where the different companies are based- as this may influence when they give you an appointment (aka if you live somewhere near their base- you may find it easier to get an appointment in the evening- or first thing in the morning- which tend to suit people better).

Advertisement