Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO choices

Options
  • 18-12-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey is anyone thinking of putting Mater Dei on their CAO this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I was thinking of doing Religious Education and History with DCU. I think that's in Mater Dei? It didn't say on the prospectus and I'm still too nervous to really delve into looking.

My only quarrel would be that being a teacher doesn't look like too positive a career path at the moment, unfortunately.

EDIT: It seems to be with Mater Dei, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Reilly09

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I was thinking of doing Religious Education and History with DCU. I think that's in Mater Dei? It didn't say on the prospectus and I'm still too nervous to really delve into looking.

My only quarrel would be that being a teacher doesn't look like too positive a career path at the moment, unfortunately.

EDIT: It seems to be with Mater Dei, yep.

Ya you register with DCU but its still in Mater Dei. I was thinking about doing the Religion and English course, but ya there is very little work for teachers now. I thought it was a good option as you dont have to do the HDip after.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Reilly09 wrote: »
    I thought it was a good option as you dont have to do the HDip after.

At the moment.

There are changes afoot to add a completely unnecessary year following the St. Angela's Home Ec. teaching course, so if there's money to be made, you can be sure they'll add a year to Mater Dei too.

Even in my day (80s) not all the Mater Dei graduates got jobs teaching. It's one of those myths that go around about there being lots of jobs. You could always use the English part of the degree to teach abroad, or teach in Catholic schools in the UK.

Advertisement