Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WA- Covert Police Motorcycles used to catch drivers using mobile telephones

Options
  • 17-12-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

I was very impressed with this video from Police in Western Australia for detecting motor traffic offences by drivers using their mobile phones whilst driving.

Food for thought for AGS Traffic corp, I see drivers here in Dublin still using mobile phones every day when driving without fear of prosecution or detection.

Would like to know what the lastest statistics on Pulse are for prosecutions/fines
    for using mobile phone whilst driving.

See link below.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc2_1418624275

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Looks very affective. i see stacks of people everyday using them. The majority of them can't drive in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

AGS do that too, I have seen motorcycle traffic officers at rush hour at various intersections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

That cop is taking NO SH!T, just wham-bam-there's your ticket and I'm after the next driver.

There are Polizei on bicycles in Berlin with DVR's doing cyclists as well

I DID see some time ago on Arran quay a GTC 'spotter' up at Queen St radioing ahead to uniformed guys at Church st when he spotted motorists on their phones.

Lets face it, cyclists braking the lights/law and motorists using phones are the biggest hazards on the road - would those motorists use a phone if they were out shooting at a shooting range ( if we had shooting ranges here :rolleyes: ), and would cyclists cycle over a level crossing with a train bearing down on them :eek: . Both of these groups are brain dead morons - AND, maybe members of AGS should lead by example too by not flouting those same laws - 'entitled to' or not :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

kub wrote: »
    AGS do that too, I have seen motorcycle traffic officers at rush hour at various intersections.

Marked though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Marked though!

Yes indeed i was tried when i wrote that originally, however they were out of sight....well as much as you can be with a high visibility jacket ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Capri wrote: »
    would those motorists use a phone if they were out shooting at a shooting range ( if we had shooting ranges here :rolleyes: ),

We have many licensed shooting ranges here believe it or not and at my one you are not permitted to use a mobile phone. God help you if it rang out - repercussions are worse than court I'am told.

Advertisement