Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Cream of Coconut????

Options
  • 17-12-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Im looking to get cream of coconut, preferably coco lopez brand for making cocktails. Im told I cant replace this with coconut milk as the consistency. Im based in Sligo and have checked all big supermarkets such as tesca, aldi and lidl. I am will to purchase online also, without major shipping fees. If anyone could help me that would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think that's basically the same as the coconut milk you can buy in cans, any shops sell these. You can't replace it with the coconut milk that comes in cartons though, the ones you would use as a replacement for regular milk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can dehydrate or drain coconut milk to get much the same, however its usually available in Tesco, Aldi and any Asian supermarket anyway. If they don't have it in Sligo branches I'd be surprised as I've bought it in Aldi in East Wall in the past few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niamhhd

Ya maybe they are just out of stock, Ive even visited a few speciality shops and none of them had it, Thanks for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Niamhhd wrote: »
    Hi, Im looking to get cream of coconut, preferably coco lopez brand for making cocktails. Im told I cant replace this with coconut milk as the consistency. Im based in Sligo and have checked all big supermarkets such as tesca, aldi and lidl. I am will to purchase online also, without major shipping fees. If anyone could help me that would be great :)

Kate's Kitchen in Sligo are bound to have it. Or maybe a health food shop? (It's not exactly 'health food' but you do see it stocked in same)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Coconut milk would be too watery. You can normally get cans of coconut cream in Tesco, in the Asian section or at the speciality ingredients shelf. If not, Amazon sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niamhhd

RGDATA! wrote: »
    Kate's Kitchen in Sligo are bound to have it. Or maybe a health food shop? (It's not exactly 'health food' but you do see it stocked in same)

I was in there today and all they had was coconut milk and a hard block of creamed coconut, to my knowledge I need something with the consistency of condensed milk

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Niamhhd wrote: »
    I was in there today and all they had was coconut milk and a hard block of creamed coconut.

If you're stuck you might be able to rehydrate he block of creamed coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Tesco sells it cream of coconut in the best of section

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272374929

Advertisement