Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line sales

Options
  • 17-12-2014 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I bought a changing bag of a well known store that has an on-line shop the item was delivered but was missing two internal pockets that were pictured on the web page, I emailed the customer department of store and the reply was pictures are for illustrative purposes only and nowhere does it state how many pockets are in the bag.

Just want to know are they right to have knowingly sent me a bag that was not as advertised on the web page, or am I right to ask them to pick up the item and replace it or send me a refund.

Cheers
    Vego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did the webpage state the picture was only for illustrative purposes? I think you still have a case but such a disclaimer gives them a point to argue. If no disclaimer then you seem to have a strong case to have them replace it at no cost* or refund you.

(*=The seller may ask you to pay for return shipping but must reimburse you).

Even if the item was as advertised you have a 14 day cooling off period from date of delivery to decide if you want to keep the item or not. During that time you are entitled to return the item for a full refund without having to give any reason. If you choose this the seller is not liable for the return shipping costs.

Advertisement