Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grades or not on CV/LinkedIn after some work experience

Options
  • 17-12-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Should you list your grades e.g. 1.1 first class/2.1 second class on your CV/LinkedIn. In my case I already have a job and a 1.1 degree but want to look for other jobs.

I mean, once you start working the grades don't really matter because someone with a pass degree could pull their socks up and a year out of college could outperform the person with a 1.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Depends on how far removed from college you are, 5+ years it's not important.
    1-2 years, I'd still want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

BizzyC wrote: »
    Depends on how far removed from college you are, 5+ years it's not important.
    1-2 years, I'd still want to see it.

I'm 15 years out of college and have been applying for civil service jobs recently and they all wanted my grades for each year.

Very much depends on the job I'd imagine. If I'd a 1.1. I'd certainly put that on my cv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

If you have a grade which you can boast about then I would mention something along the lines of 'graduated from XXX with a First Class Honours degree in XXX' etc on the CV. I would not put it on LinkedIn though.

Advertisement