Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Accommodation (March to Sept '15)

Options
  • 16-12-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm a 21 year old, studying computer science in UCC. As part of my year, I'm required to complete 6 months of work placement. I've received my placement offer in Dublin, close to the city centre. I'm looking for accommodation from early March to the end of August.

I'm aware of how difficult it is to get accommodation, especially for 6 months only. However, I'm hoping that perhaps someone would have an idea of where to start searching? Subletting seems to be popular, according to students in previous years.

Ideally, I'm looking for two or three spaces as I have friends in the same situation. Any advice/offers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fightmenerd

I'm not too sure. I know Dublin's expensive. Less than 500 a month would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Daft have a short term letting section. It is mainly geared towards tourists and business travelers, so they tend to let by the week & not the month. It's pretty expensive to do short term lets, but it may be a place to start. If you want to live by yourself, under 500 a month is going to be a problem. If you don't mind sharing, DAFT have a sharing section too.

Think about contacting the universities in Dublin. They may have listings of private landlords who let to students during the college year, but would love to have someone for the summer months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fightmenerd

That's really helpful, thank you! I'll have a proper look at that in the morning. I have no problems with sharing either.

Advertisement