Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Blinds

Options
  • 16-12-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just moved into a new apartment and my bedroom has no curtains, instead they got these venetian blinds which don't block out near enough light and seem to be more for privacy than anything else. My employment entails shift work so it's essential I have low light in the bedroom.

So basically I'm just wondering how should I approach the landlord with this problem and if anybody ever had this problem before?

The apartment is part of a large development run by an agency.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,327 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi all,

I just moved into a new apartment and my bedroom has no curtains, instead they got these venetian blinds which don't block out near enough light and seem to be more for privacy than anything else. My employment entails shift work so it's essential I have low light in the bedroom.

So basically I'm just wondering how should I approach the landlord with this problem and if anybody ever had this problem before?

Thanks very much.
    Not a landlord issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Buy some heavy curtains and notify the landlord that you intend putting them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

Hi all,

Thanks very much.

Ask nicely if it's ok for you to buy curtains and pole and get them installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If it was me I'd put a pole up for the tenant but thats me just being nice and making sure it was done properly, I'd expect the tenant to buy the curtains, or maybe go halves on the whole thing that said there is a much easier solution which has worked for heads of Government (Churchill in Particular I believe):

331907.jpg

Sexy blone not included :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Hi all,

Thanks very much.

I think what posters are saying op is that presumably you viewed the property before signing the lease and you must have noticed then that there were no curtains.
    (If you didn't view or didn't notice, well...)
    Any how, all you can do now is hope he will agree to allow you to bring in someone to put up a curtain. At your expense, not his

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Yep cheers guys, more or less what I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Had a similar problem with light where the board of the apt. block I rent in decided to upgrade the spot lights to near football stadium capacity! The whole room lit up.

Bought the below black-out blinds and haven't looked back. Work great for weekend lie-ins also :)

They work off velcro so dead easy to remove in the morning and the great thing about them is you can take them with you if you end up moving.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002WC53CO/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_dp_1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement