Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLEN HANSARD

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Wednesday gig Vicar Street.

Would anyone like to swap sitting seats for standing? My back very bad at the moment :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I was at the gig last night and if you arrived early they had seats free on ground level they let you sit in if you had a standing ticket. They must be unreserved. Didn't use them myself but could be an option and might be worth ringing Vicar St to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lulu333

Thanks a mil Andrew. Really helpful. Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

try toutless.com either

Thank you Whiskeyman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    I was at the gig last night

Andrew 83, quick question, what time did it start at? Tickets say doors at 7, vicar street website says 7:30? Have babies to put to bed so want to time it perfectly

And of course, how was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Andrew 83, quick question, what time did it start at? Tickets say doors at 7, vicar street website says 7:30? Have babies to put to bed so want to time it perfectly

And of course, how was it?

Stage times where on fb let me grab em

Glen (solo) 8.00-8.30
    Lisa O'Neill 8.30-9.15
    Glen 9.45-11.45

Obviously will go on way longer than 11.45

I can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

EyesClosed wrote: »

Glen (solo) 8.00-8.30
    Lisa O'Neill 8.30-9.15
    Glen 9.45-11.45

I can't wait[/quote

Thanks a mill! Time for a drink beforehand so

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Yeah the seats on the ground are unreserved. If you can try get in a bit early and get the ones to the back as they have a better view.

The gig last night was great. Instead of glen solo at 8 it was Lisa o Neil and then the normal set started at around 9ish. Finished by 12.20. Special guests were Damien Dempsey, Lisa o Neil, mundy, declan o Rourke, Kevin griffin and a really exciting young dub called Dermot Kennedy.

Wednesday is their last gig of the year so I'm expecting a few more names to be added to that. Him and the band were brilliant as always. Colm the fiddle player was sorely missed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Glen (solo) 8.00-8.30
    Lisa O'Neill 8.30-9.15
    Glen 9.45-11.45

I can't wait

Lisa O'Neill started at 8pm last night till about 8.45pm and Glen Hansard started shortly before 9.10pm and played till 12.20am.

Huge help thanks glorified g I will follow that advice deffo...Can't wait! Sounds more than great so far! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Yeah the seats on the ground are unreserved. If you can try get in a bit early and get the ones to the back as they have a better view.

The gig last night was great. Instead of glen solo at 8 it was Lisa o Neil and then the normal set started at around 9ish. Finished by 12.20. Special guests were Damien Dempsey, Lisa o Neil, mundy, declan o Rourke, Kevin griffin and a really exciting young dub called Dermot Kennedy.

Wednesday is their last gig of the year so I'm expecting a few more names to be added to that. Him and the band were brilliant as always. Colm the fiddle player was sorely missed though!

Where was colm at??? Hope he shows up tomorrow

lulu333 wrote: »
    Huge help thanks glorified g I will follow that advice deffo...Can't wait! Sounds more than great so far! :)

No problem. I'll be heading along again myself. The setlist was good. No Astral Weeks cover, Mic Christopher, Seven Day Mile, Say It To Me Now or a few others so hopefully Wednesday will be full of these!
    Where was colm at??? Hope he shows up tomorrow

Not to sure. It wasn't mentioned at all really. As usual they had two violinists/fiddle player (not sure what the correct term is) and one of them covered all of Colms parts. It wasn't the same though. The addition of the brass section in the last few years has thrown him right up there with the best live bands in the Country if not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Sorry for delay in replying - yeah was as everyone else is saying with Glen on at 9 and playing till well gone 12.

For anyone curious about the setlist from the other night have a look here.
    http://www.orderinthesound.com/glen-solo-gigs/glen-dates-2014/15-december-2014-dublin-ie-vicar-street

Winning Streak is a fantastic new song. Hopefully hear it again tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Hey...
    here's a soundboard recording from an incredible show I was at that Glen and the lads did in Oakland in september if anyone wants it...baby dont you do it is awesome...sounds perfect..live album quality :)

this is the Soundboard/audience mix and includes the song Gold, which they did off mic
    https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUcwY05naFJ0Ni9IRHRVag

here's the setlist from the night..
    Astral Weeks
    (Van Morrison cover)
    Philander
    Lowly Deserter
    Talking With the Wolves
    Love Don't Leave Me Waiting / Respect
    (Aretha Franklin cover)
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    (The Frames song)
    Bird of Sorrow
    Falling Slowly
    (The Frames song)
    In These Arms
    (The Swell Season song)
    Winning Streak
    (new song, with full band)
    Maybe Not Tonight
    Wedding Ring
    Fitzcarraldo
    (The Frames song)
    Baby Don't You Do It
    (Marvin Gaye cover)
    This Gift
    Song of Good Hope
    Encore:
    McCormick's Wall
    Gold (Interference cover) (off-mic with most of the band… more )
    Her Mercy
    The Auld Triangle

david75 wrote: »
    Hey...
    here's a soundboard recording from an incredible show I was at that Glen and the lads did in Oakland in september if anyone wants it...baby dont you do it is awesome...sounds perfect..live album quality :)

this is the Soundboard/audience mix and includes the song Gold, which they did off mic

Astral Weeks
    (Van Morrison cover)
    Philander
    Lowly Deserter
    Talking With the Wolves
    (Aretha Franklin cover)
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    (The Frames song)
    Bird of Sorrow
    Falling Slowly
    (The Frames song)
    In These Arms
    (The Swell Season song)
    Winning Streak
    Maybe Not Tonight
    Wedding Ring
    Fitzcarraldo
    (The Frames song)
    Baby Don't You Do It
    (Marvin Gaye cover)
    This Gift
    Song of Good Hope
    Encore:
    McCormick's Wall
    Her Mercy
    The Auld Triangle

If that is even romotely decent quality then you've made my year. Just back from the gig tonight. Great setlist. Pity about the total pr1cks in the crowd. The water charge protest during Sam's speach was classless and just plain rude. Delighted when Glen reacted properly to the crowd member who thought he was 'boring'! Managed to get myself the setlist and a Plec so I'm delighted. Special guests for tonight totally walked all over monday night. Roll on next year!

If that is even romotely decent quality then you've made my year. Just back from the gig tonight. Great setlist. Pity about the total pr1cks in the crowd. The water charge protest during Sam's speach was classless and just plain rude. Delighted when Glen reacted properly to the crowd member who thought he was 'boring'! Managed to get myself the setlist and a Plec so I'm delighted. Special guests for tonight totally walked all over monday night. Roll on next year!

How long did he play last night? I'm guessing even longer than Monday?:)

It sounds like a live album...not kidding...it's great :)

How long did he play last night? I'm guessing even longer than Monday?:)

Yeah it was a bit longer. Not that much though. Special guests were declan o Rourke, Damien rice, john sheahan of the Dubliners, Conor o brien from villagers and the lost brothers. Mundy popped up for the last song to sing a verse. Can't wait for next year!

Glens playing in the Helix in Ballymun on monday night..dunno if tickets are still available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Glens playing in the Helix in Ballymun on monday night..dunno if tickets are still available

They're sold out. Was at the gig in Ballymun last December and it was amazing.

except for that kid down front if i remember right..

Hey...

Astral Weeks
    (Van Morrison cover)
    Philander
    Lowly Deserter
    Talking With the Wolves
    (Aretha Franklin cover)
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    (The Frames song)
    Bird of Sorrow
    Falling Slowly
    (The Frames song)
    In These Arms
    (The Swell Season song)
    Winning Streak
    Maybe Not Tonight
    Wedding Ring
    Fitzcarraldo
    (The Frames song)
    Baby Don't You Do It
    (Marvin Gaye cover)
    This Gift
    Song of Good Hope
    Encore:
    McCormick's Wall
    Her Mercy
    The Auld Triangle

Its FLAC!!! Jesus I might be in love with you. Its incredible. Thanks so much.

great gig...wonderful night..took this from behind the lads when they were playing Gold to the audience
    10574208_10153047059013032_507552291725473169_n.jpg?oh=5b09e4ee8cb3afa17284283f77ff0fab&oe=54FA1E7C

and this at soundcheck
    10325185_10153046119778032_3702912410385983987_n.jpg?oh=9cc9a1466226d4ad7d8b49845e5c4c95&oe=55480022&__gda__=1430158132_f03ff33476e74c083062f7151fad53bb

10537865_10153046084468032_7425007354849817226_n.jpg?oh=09788fca346856c1d583ab3c54cdf39b&oe=54FC490F

great gig...wonderful night..took this from behind the lads when they were playing Gold to the audience

and this at soundcheck

Some great pics. If you don't mind me asking now did you get the opportunity? Do you write/shoot for someone in that area? I've tried to get an interview with Glen on numerous occasions but it is damn near impossible.

i know one of the lads. He looks after us for tickets n stuff is all.
    dunno how youd get to glen for an interview..mail his manager or if you see him in town maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I am all for calling Hecklers out but to have him removed by security seemed a bit much no? Just embarrass the guy, he could have been there with his wife or anyone who would have had to leave as well.

He probably should have thought about that before he started mouthing off and disturbing everyone elses night from the safe anonymity of the crowd.

He probably should have thought about that before he started mouthing off and disturbing everyone elses night from the safe anonymity of the crowd.

What was the gig where someone was removed?

• Advertisement

wednesday night in vicar st..some moron just shouting wrecking everyones head, under the guise of a protest about the water charges..which Glen seems to be against, if his appearance at the december tenth rally was anything to go on.
    Moron guy in the crowd just wouldnt stfu..

Advertisement