Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman - Refund Registration

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed, I could find anything from the search. In short, I am considering entering Zurich for July 19th 2015. I am on a work transfer list which could come tomorrow or in 5 years time or never. If it does come at around that date I would be unable to compete...does anyone know what the refund policy is or successfully gotten your (hefty) registration fee back? There is some info online which I found at:

http://www.ironman.com/full-refund-plan.aspx#axzz3M3iTI4Xb

but this specifies US Ironman events. Anyone know what the story is with European events or if cover is also offered for those?

Thanks...

Just found all the terms:

Withdrawals – Rules and Regulations
    Withdrawal requests must be received during the following time frames in order to be eligible for a partial refund:
    until 4 months prior to race day: 50% refund of the entry fee
    until 2 months prior to race day: 25% refund of the entry fee
    after 2 months to race day: no refund
    Click here for our deadlines >>
    Please note that all additional items purchased during registration will be refunded at 100% up until two months prior to the race except where they have already been sent to the athlete.
    Refunds will be transferred to the Credit Card you used during registration unless it is explicitly stated in the withdrawal request that you want a bank transfer. When transferring to a bank account the account holder and the athlete withdrawing must be the same person. If we refund to a bank account transfer time can be up to 6 weeks.

FAQ- Withdrawals
    Q: Can I get a full refund if I provide a medical certificate?
    A: No. We will not make any exceptions for athletes that can provide a medical certificate.
    Q: I have booked my slot through Nirvana Europe and therefore have a Race Cancellation Insurance. How do I proceed to claim back my money?
    A: Please fill out the withdrawal form and state that you have booked your accommodation through NIRVANA Europe.
    If you have any questions, concerning transferring or withdrawing your entry, please contact:
    IRONMAN Europe Athlete Services
    E-Mail: withdrawal@ironman.com

Seems very unfair seeing as you can withdraw from US Ironman.

The only option from what I can find is to book through http://www.nirvanaeurope.com/ at a higher price to be covered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

sliding scale from about 9 months out. If its < 3/4 months then nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You could transfer to a race later in the summer / year...though likely you'd only get something like Wales to still have entries open.

http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/switzerland/register/transfer-withdrawal.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

thanks...seems harsh not to offer some kind of insurance for the event thats in it, especially seeing as the US Ironman events do have a softer refund policy with cover...may give it a miss.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I did a transfer last year. You can have any race (IM or 70.3) that is still open, in the same year. The transfer/withdrawal window closes 2 months out from your race. It is harsh, but they didnt used to give any refund at all, so its better.

Advertisement