Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale completed, now what.

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

We finalised the purchase of our house that we bought outright in may. What happens now? Do I get the deeds sent to me at some stage or a letter saying its registered even? Just realised its been 7 months and and I havnt heard anything. I also havnt heard anything from revenue about the property tax, do I contact them? Anybody been in the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Solicitors often try to hold on to the deeds so they will potentially get your business in future (will etc...). It can take some time for the property to be transferred into the new owners name. Contact the land registry with the folio number to find out if the transfer is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Solicitors often try to hold on to the deeds so they will potentially get your business in future (will etc...). It can take some time for the property to be transferred into the new owners name. Contact the land registry with the folio number to find out if the transfer is complete.

Ok so its not unusual then. How would I prove that I own the house if, for arguments sake, I was going for a loan? What about the property tax? Is it up to me to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

macnug wrote: »
    Ok so its not unusual then. How would I prove that I own the house if, for arguments sake, I was going for a loan? What about the property tax? Is it up to me to contact them?

physical deeds are a thing of the past. Now deeds are registered online with the land registry, you should get a folio number.
    Yes, I would contact the LPT section of Revenue directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Did you buy with a mortgage? If so when registration completes in land registry your solicitor will send your deeds to your bank as security for your mortgage.

If you bought for cash then the application is probably pending in land reg. you can check this online on www.prai.ie. Better still you paid your silicitor to work for you why not give them a call.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement