Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery replacement

Options
  • 15-12-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi lads...I'm looking to replace the battery in a couple of Hugo boss watches which I'd like to resurrect....where's the best value in the south city centre around grafton street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's no need to go anywhere special for that kind of thing. It should be under a tenner in any half decent jeweller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

The only thing to watch out for here is that nearly all high street jewellers will want to send the watch away for 6 weeks for a battery replacement if you want to retain the water resistance rating.

If you go somewhere like FastFix they will do a battery replacement and reseal while you wait and guarantee the water resistance. They can even do a pressure test and extended guarantee (for more money) if you like. There have been a few bad reports about FastFix on the forum but I have found them to be OK.

Unfortunately, Emily at watchrepairs.ie does not have the workshop on Sth William St anymore, but if you send the watches to her at Vicarstown she would probably be able to turn them around in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Anjobe wrote: »
    The only thing to watch out for here is that nearly all high street jewellers will want to send the watch away for 6 weeks for a battery replacement if you want to retain the water resistance rating.

If you go somewhere like FastFix they will do a battery replacement and reseal while you wait and guarantee the water resistance. They can even do a pressure test and extended guarantee (for more money) if you like. There have been a few bad reports about FastFix on the forum but I have found them to be OK.

Unfortunately, Emily at watchrepairs.ie does not have the workshop on Sth William St anymore, but if you send the watches to her at Vicarstown she would probably be able to turn them around in a few days.

Thanks lads...the watches in question are not the type I'd even wear in the shower so pressure testing isn't an issue..I just want to get them up and running really....will pop into a couple of jewellers to see what they charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hi all, just to close this out and to pass on useful info, i got 4 watches done in that small jewellers on Dawson Street beside the Dawson lounge....really nice guy I dealt with and he did the 4 for €7 each...he needed a clamp to get a couple of backs off so even if i could have been ar$ed, i'm not sure i would have been able to do it myself if i bought the batteries! He used seiko batteries too. So anyway, just to let all know, if you need a battery done in the city centre, i'd recommend giving him a go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    ...small jewellers on Dawson Street beside the Dawson lounge...

Walked by the place yesterday afternoon and the shutters were down (same situation with the other jewellers closeby on Dawson St)?!

Advertisement