Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently on casual dockets but due to start new job with another company

Options
  • 15-12-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can someone please help, I am really confused and in an awkward position.

I am currently working part time and am on casual dockets for 2 days a week. I was hired by a different company last Wednesday but I have not received contracts or been paid yet.

What are the correct steps that I should take? Should I wait until I receive contracts from my new employer and notify social welfare or should I notify them immediately? My current part-time employer has advised that I do not need my p45 as my p60 will be issued in a few weeks, is this correct?

Can anyone advise please? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Miseryguts wrote: »
    Can someone please help, I am really confused and in an awkward position.

I am currently working part time and am on casual dockets for 2 days a week. I was hired by a different company last Wednesday but I have not received contracts or been paid yet.

What are the correct steps that I should take? Should I wait until I receive contracts from my new employer and notify social welfare or should I notify them immediately? My current part-time employer has advised that I do not need my p45 as my p60 will be issued in a few weeks, is this correct?

Can anyone advise please? :confused:

Your current employer should issue you with a P45. AFAIK P60's are only issued to those on payroll at the end of tax year 31st December.l

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You current employer must issue a P45 to you , preferably with your last payment. The quicker you get this cleared up, the better, as your new employer might no be issuing cheques/payments in the week after Christmas.

Advertisement