Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash lights won't turn off - Renault Fluence

Options
  • 15-12-2014 8:14pm

So today I paired my new HTC One with my Renault Fluence.
    When I got out of the car and locked it, the Dash lights stayed on. Tried locking and unlocking etc, no good. Dash Lights keep coming back on as soon as car is locked manually or automatically. In addition, Radio will not turn on at all.
    Will have to disconnect battery overnight.
    It's a 2011 1.5 diesel Renault Fluence. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Try:
    1) Turn off bluetooth on your phone - maybe the pairing is keeping things alive.
    2) to reset/clear the bluetooth if possible, if 1 doesn't work.
    3) disconnect battery for 20mins, if 2 doesn't work.
    4) disconnect overnight and go to someone with good knowledge of Renault electronics in the morning if 3 doesn't work.
    5) exorcism.

If 2 works, retry the bluetooth setup and make sure you complete all steps correctly.

Try:
    1) Turn off bluetooth on your phone - maybe the pairing is keeping things alive.
    2) to reset/clear the bluetooth if possible, if 1 doesn't work.
    3) disconnect battery for 20mins, if 2 doesn't work.
    4) disconnect overnight and go to someone with good knowledge of Renault electronics in the morning if 3 doesn't work.
    5) exorcism.

If 2 works, retry the bluetooth setup and make sure you complete all steps correctly.

Item 3 worked. Obviously reset something gone funny in the electrics. It is a Renault after all. Thanks for suggestions. If it happens again, I will bring it to the Renault garage. It's still under warrenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Try the bluetooth setup again maybe. It'd be a pity if you couldn't get it working.

Try the bluetooth setup again maybe. It'd be a pity if you couldn't get it working.

Bluetooth is working fine now. Just also realised that 2 phones (old and new) could have been connecting to car Bluetooth at same time. This could have triggered a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jt72

Hi there,

I'm curious to know if anyone else had their radio on when this happened. On a couple of previous occasions for me, the radio was on and continued playing at the same volume even after the car was shut off. Steering and radio head unit controls were non-functional and dash lights stayed on for me. One time I came home and had the radio up loud enough that I was under pressure to get it sorted out!

Having this problem for the 4th time...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93598459

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jt72

Step 3 worked for me as well. Thanks for posting this.

Sorry I didn't post an update on my issue. I brought it to Renault who checked it out. Seems like it needed the software updated.
    Software was updated under warranty and issue has been resolved. Also noted that since the software update, Bluetooth connection has been really stable whereas before it used to keep disconnecting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement